40

One minute.

Ten minutes.

Half an hour.

One hour.

I have no idea how long we have been searching for them.

It's like some highly ranked supernatural covered all their tracks, preventing even Alexa from finding them.

We strolled into the woods, looking high and low for them, but also made sure to not make much noise, as we were near the pack's territory.

We had already searched the area near the mortals' school and our supernatural school. No luck.

We were left with either the pack territory (which includes the Alpha King and Luna Queen's castle) or the Vampire Coven, so who would even want to go to the Vampire Coven first?

"Where can they be at?" Scarlett asked, clearly tired from all the walking.

Yes, we walked. We don't want to risk the chance of giving our biggest secret away to mortals just to find our friends in a shorter time.

"I don't knowwwww..." Kayla dragged tiredly, resting one of her arms on my shoulder.

"You're h-" I stopped in mid-sentence, hearing rustling of leaves in front of us. I still remembered that this woods doesn't have any wind.

The rustling of leaves went from one tree to another, closer and closer to the direction of the pack house.

We walked slower, focusing on the sound. As we walked, the pack house slowly came into view.

Thanks to my sharp hearing, I could hear a baby crying.

I quickened my footsteps, feeling the tingling feeling all over.

"My baby!" I heard a banshee scream.

Just kidding, it was Bailey's voice.

All of us exchange glances, before quickening our footsteps, in the end running for our lives.

We went in different directions, surrounding the pack house. I could see a silhouette running in my direction, and I quickly stood in my attack stance, canines poking my bottom lips.

The silhouette was really fast, I could barely even see it running past me.

But I did.

I jumped into the air, shifting into my gold wolf.

I managed to tackle the person to the ground, after running for a second.

I turned the person to face me, only to see a huge smirk on the vampire's face.

There was no child.

My face morphed into a look of shock when it clicked.

SHIT.

Distraction.

His look was a cocky one, as though telling me that they had already won this battle.

I used my claws and scratched him across the face, leaving three huge bloody lines.

I shifted back, pinning the guy against a huge tree. I grabbed tree branches and pinned him on the tree, hanging him there.

"Stop trying! You've already lost!" I heard him shout as I ran to the others.

I should have broken his jaw.

---

HEY GUYS! I'M BACK!

I hope you like this chapter, it's just a quick update.

Vote
          Comment
                             &
                                  Follow!

xx
mystricxl