7:

I jumped from tree to tree; balancing on thin branches out of boredom.

Now I was hanging from a thin branch with my right hand, looking around the warm forest for things to kill.

I squinted my eyes and found the pack house. Since I was bored, why not play around with some pack members?

I swung myself upwards and jumped to the tree in front of me. I jumped to another tree, getting closer to the pack house.

I decided to stop at a tree closest to one of the rooms in the pack house.

I balanced myself on the branch which leads even closer to the room that I was going to.

I sat down at the edge of the branch and took out one dagger from my boots. I started spinning it with my index finger as I looked inside.

That was when I realized I made a grave mistake.

It was Daniel's room.

Now. He wouldn't think I'm stalking him, right? Like seriously, he can't recognize me, right?

I hope so.

He was sitting on his bed, scrolling through his phone. His window was left open.

His brown hair was in a mess-a good kind of mess-. His green eyes was looking fixed at the screen of his phone.

Suddenly, he stiffened and started sniffing. Just as he was about to look at my direction, there was a knock on his door.

I immediately stood back up on the branch and walked back, hiding myself under the leaves and branches of the big tree.

My right eye changed to checkered and my left changed to the star pattern to as my hearing sharpened and eyesight became better.

"Daniel?" His father aka the pack's Alpha, walked into his room," I've arranged the dates for you two years later. It will be with the nearby Alpha's daughters."

He groaned and I don't know why, but I feel a little heart-brokened for no reason. Suddenly, I sneezed.

Oh shit.

"What was that?" Daniel turned to the tree that I was hiding in.

"I don't know, we have to go check it out," the Alpha said. They both nodded and ran out of the room.

Oh shit shit shit shit. Why did I have to sneeze?! Damn it.

I panicked a little, but calmed down within a few seconds. I tried to climb down the tree slowly, in hope that the father and son wouldn't spot me.

But I guess all odds are against me today.

As I reached down for the next branch, I missed it and fell down the tree. My left eye changed to the flower and swirly lines and my right changed to a polka-dot pattern.

I landed on the ground without getting any injuries. I stood up immediately and was about to run off when I heard the rustling of leaves. I chose to ignore it and ran away. The hood fell off along the way, exposing my long blonde locks.

The last thing I heard from the duo was Daniel mumbling to himself," Alaysieh?"

---

My heart was palpitating against my ribcage. I bent over, trying to even my breathing. Once I evened it, I put my hood back I tucked some loose locks under the hood.

Okay. What else should I mess with now? What?! You can't scold me! I'm only 13!

Suddenly, an idea struck me. I walked in the direction that Klaus had shown me to the castle. My actual home.

I tiptoed around the castle and found an open window. I can't believe how low the security is for the castle.

I cracked my knuckles and prepared myself to run. I took off, running up the outside of the castle wall and climbed into the room that has the open window.

Easy.

I looked around the room that I was in, looking for clues to where I was.

There was just a bed, and a study table. So I guess this is a spare room.

I quietly opened the door, only to see a girl shadow coming in this direction.

Victoria.

Once I saw her, I immediately grabbed my dagger and aimed it right beside her head. I saw it cut her ear and landed on the wall behind her.

She looked shocked. She touched her ear and felt that it was wet. Then, she looked behind at the wall and found the dagger. Her eyes widened in horror immediately when she saw the carvings that I did on the dagger.

"MASKED ASSASSIN! HE'S HERE!" Victoria screamed hysterically. All I could do was to make soundless laughter.

Klaus came running to Victoria, and I knew that it was my cue to leave. I walked to the window and just jumped straight down to the ground beneath me.

At least I got to mess with Victoria. That bitch.

---

Daniel's POV

I was busy scrolling through Instagram, since I was bored.

Suddenly, the faint familiar scent hit me again. I could feel a pair of eyes on me, but I thought that it was just my imagination.

I had checked to find out what was wrong with me, when I'm with Alaysieh. Yet, there was no answer.

I started sniffing again. Then, there was a knock on the door.

"Daniel?" My father walked into his room," I've arranged the dates for you two years later. It will be with the nearby Alpha's daughters."

I groaned. Suddenly, I heard a small sneeze.

"What was that?" I turned my attention to the tree outside my room.

"I don't know, we have to go check it out," Dad said. We both nodded and ran out of the room.

There was rustling of leaves. Suddenly, something dressed in black from head to toe fell down from the tree, but still landed elegantly.

It did not waste any time, it just took off without a second thought. It was fast, might even be faster than me.

Suddenly, the hood on its head fell off and its blonde locks were exposed.

Something about those blonde locks were familiar. I don't remember where I had seen it from.

Then it struck me.

I mumbled under my breath,"Alaysieh ?"