Stop Saying Sorry

Yoongi POV

I drove to Jimin's place to pick him up, obviously excited that I'd see him again, but also apprehensive. Jimin did not hold back sharing that he was not satisfied with the distance between us – and not just how far apart we lived. It was my goal tonight to convince him that we deserved to work this through together.

I eased my car into a parking space at 7:58 exactly. I didn't want to be late, and this gave me a minute to try to calm my nervousness about seeing Jimin again. It was weird how anxious I was about this date. We had already lived together for a while but going on an official date felt different. There was a declaration about pursuing a relationship and a lot of issues we needed to talk through; a lot of things I wanted to share, and all of that felt like a lot of pressure for a first date.

I pulled down the mirror, checking my face, hair and teeth. After making sure I looked mostly presentable, I fixed the uneven collar on my black leather jacket. I stepped out of the car, smoothing my black jeans down, making sure lint hadn't accumulated lint on them, and adjusted my belt as I went around my waist, re-tucking my shirt as needed. When I found the apartment number Jimin told me, I knocked on the door, taking one last deep breath, before a dark-haired man answered.

My face pulled a questioning look as I saw that the man was wearing a tweed jacket, a pipe hanging out of his mouth. It looked extremely out of place for a person his age. I leaned out to check the number on the apartment, then leaned back in, "Uhhhh...is Jimin here?" I asked, confused.

"Ah, yes. Come in, come in young man. You must be Yoongi, our Jimmie's date," and as he swung the door open wider to let me in, I saw Tae standing a little behind him and to the side. He had a smile on his face and a semi-vacant stare in his eyes.

"Welcome to our home," Tae said with a softly dreamy voice, "Can I get you something to drink while we wait for Jimin to finish getting ready?" He swung his arm out, inviting me to enter and move to their living area.

I felt like I was in an alternate universe or shoved into a movie without my knowledge. Right before I sat down, I said to the man, "Sorry. Didn't catch your name?" and stuck out my hand to shake his.

He cleared his throat, putting on a fake deep voice, "Very good, very good. Name's Kook. Have a seat," he shook my hand and then motioned for me to sit. "Babe, those drinks?" he said as he turned to Tae before taking a seat himself.

I interrupted. "Nothing for me, thanks." I started looking around, both to observe the apartment, but also so I could see if Jimin was close by. Tae took a seat next to Kook on the couch.

"So, Yoongi. What are your intentions with Jimin?" Kook asked me, raising one eyebrow and looking at me carefully while placing his hand on Tae's knee.

I was really starting to get weirded out. "E-excuse me? Uh, we're going out to dinner and, ... ah, do you know if Jimin will be ready soon?" My eyes darted back and forth between Tae and Kook, starting to turn to look behind me.

I heard Kook start to sputter, "Pfffttt," then that turned into a deep belly laugh which Tae joined in on. I continued to stare at them, thoroughly confused, wondering if they were high or just crazy.

"Ohmygod. I'm sorry, Yoongi, but you should see the look on your face. Ah! Whoo!" Kook was laughing and wiping the tears from his eyes with one hand while he held the pipe with the other.

Tae was giggling, rubbing Kook's leg, "You did great, babe. Totally believable as a typical dad."

"Are, are you an actor?" I asked, hesitantly.

That made Kook and Tae laugh more. "No! Ahahahahah." They took another 30 seconds to compose themselves while I sat on the edge of the chair, ready to spring up at a moment's notice.