Victor's Deception

Start from the beginning

"Professor Greene! I was looking for you this morning." A girl spoke as Sofia approached her.

"Did something happen, Ms Farley?"

"No no." The girl spoke. She eyed Sofia, and her broody professor's door before looking up at Sofia once more. "Why were you leaving Professors Snape's quarters so early in the morning.

"I had some trouble grading the 5th-years papers last night and wanted to get his opinion before being too harsh." Sofia smiled at her. That seemed to shut the girl up as she quietly said goodbye and scattered. Sofia exhaled a breath of relief as she quickly walked through the elf door and made her way back to her quarters.

After showering, putting herself together, and asking Zinky to bring her some food, Sofia was now on her last few papers. She reluctantly read through some of the student's potions instructions which were completely and utterly wrong. No matter how much she loved most of her students, sometimes she wished that they had just listened a little more during class, and put some effort in. Rolling her eyes she drew a harsh x next to a scribbled answer before beginning to write an endless paragraph, attempting to explain to the student where they went wrong. Unlike Severus, she always tried to help the students, instead of simply marking the papers right or wrong. Which seemed to often bite her in the arse as she consistently found herself writing endless and endless paragraphs in red on 20% of the papers.

Finally finishing that one she sighed in relief as she looked outside. She noticed some of the students playing in the courtyard as Minerva struggled to separate a small quarrel between two boys. Smiling Sofia suddenly felt a surge of pleasant anxiety rush through her veins. For a second she was confused as she couldn't figure out where it came from. Glancing at the clock on her brick wall, she noticed that it was almost four. She knew that the sun would set roughly around six in March. Although right now it was hard to tell, as the sun could barely be seen between some grey clouds. Knowing Severus, he would either turn up 3 minutes or an hour before the time she expected. As her mind drifted to Severus, she suddenly felt another wave of anxiety. Confused, she placed her quill down, trying to figure out where it had come from. Suddenly, the realization hit her like a brick as she remembered that she hasn't been on an actual date in years. Yes, she was obviously very close to Severus, battled a 'water dragon' once and even saved his life, but never a date. As fear suddenly overtook her, she quickly picked up her quill, trying to focus her energy into the last two papers instead of obsessing over her fears.

As she was finally done marking her last paper, she neatly stacked them together, binding them with a paper clip before getting up from her desk. Glancing up at the clock, she realized she didn't have an insane amount of time to get ready. Trying to gather clues from what Severus told her before, she simply chose to put on some jeans, an off the shoulder, deep v neck beige sweater, and placing her heeled but comfortable boots by the door. She realized that she might have dressed a little too casually, but how could she know considering she had absolutely no idea where she was going. Deciding to spice herself up with some makeup, she applied some basics, winged eyeliner, mascara and deep red lipstick. Feeling pleased with herself, she let her hair down from the tight bun she had it in before which gave her a nice wave. Pulling out a wide black scarf from the closet she threw it on her bed, knowing that if they were planning on going outside she was definitely going to need it. Just as she was about to sit down on her couch she heard two knocks at her door. Suddenly the anxiety showed itself again as she glanced at the door. Being frozen for a second she continued to stare at the door. Hearing two familiar knocks come again she knew that she had to open it. Quickly slipping into her boots and grabbing her scarf she pulled her door open. In front of her, she saw Severus' tall frame looming over her wearing a simple coat with a white shirt peeking out from underneath and some simple trousers. Although there were plenty of times she saw him in regular attire she had grown very fond of his usual frock, and somehow seeing him like this, so casual, made her even more nervous. Feeling anxious she wrapped her scarf around herself closing the door behind her, trying to act as nonchalant as possible.