Impatience

Sofia was annoyed. Frustrated. And of course angry. She badly wanted to brew that potion with the strange instructions one of her students provided, but the thought of seeing Severus gave her anxiety. However no matter how angry she was she couldn't shake the urgent need to hear his deep voice again or simply be in his presence. A part of her wanted to forget that kiss. But she knew that, that part of her never outweighed the fact that she painfully wanted to feel his lips on hers again. She continuously criticized herself for that feeling of want, but there was nothing she could do about it. There was a fire in her, a mix of anger and lust she assumed. She could no longer deny to herself that she had to know what was going through Severus' mind. Grabbing the exam she confidently walked to the dungeons. Right before she was about to knock she stopped herself realizing she didn't have a clear plan in mind. Her impatience overrode her conscious assumptions as she pushed open the door. To her surprise, Severus wasn't there. Must be in his office, she thought. She proceeded to try to push the thought of him away as she began gathering the ingredients for the potion, closely following the student's instructions. Right as she was about to grab the last ingredient she heard the door swing open. Freezing in her steps, she quickly pretended to ignore the sound, focusing on whatever she was holding in her hand. Internally, she was hoping that Severus would start a conversation with her about what happened that night. Wishing that he would explain everything to her.

Severus walked by Sofia without even glancing at her. He sat on his desk and begun writing something in one of this books. Sofia was in utter disbelief, her anger quickly rising inside her again. Severus didn't know what to do. He could feel Sofia's eyes on him as he continued to write something meaningless on the parchment, knowing that if he were to make eye contact with her he would no longer be able to withstand his affection and either end up pushing her away once again or do something worse than that kiss. Meanwhile Sofia was getting increasingly impatient. Just as she was about to say something Severus spoke first.

"Did you mark the N.E.W.T.'s which I left for you?" He spoke under his breath, forcing himself to continue looking down at the parchment. Sofia's mouth gaped open, how could he just sit there and continue giving orders she thought. She decided to indulge him in this little game and try to see how far she could take it.

"Yes. I'm on my last one actually." She pursed her lips, waiting for a second as she heard him hum. Her nose drills were flaring as her eyebrows were slowly itching higher and higher up her forehead in disbelief, watching him calmly sit here, writing something, basically ignoring her presence. Sofia scanned the room searching for something she could ask for. "Where did you leave the Syrup of Hellebore?" Sofia knew very well where it was, she was staring right at it on the bottom shelf.

"Bottom shelf. Towards the left." He muttered, as he waited to hear Sofia move. After a few seconds had passed he noticed with the corner of his eye that she simply stood in front of him, hand on her hip, head cocked to the side. Sighing, he finally decided to look up at her. "Well, are you not going to get it?" He dragged the 't'. Sofia was now livid. She clenched her teeth, analyzing what her next move should be. Unfortunately, Sofia was never great at thinking before she spoke.

"Are you not going to acknowledge what happened?" Severus visibly stiffened, taken back at Sofia being so upfront.

"Sofia-"

"I'm hoping there's a good explanation,"She cautioned. "Because I have been rattling my brain trying to figure out whatever that was and so far I've got nothing." She finally burst. Her breathing was shaky, as she focused on holding herself back from raising her voice.

"Sofia." He slowly placed his quill down. "There are many things which I would like to say to you, especially now, but unfortunately, I cant."

"Don't treat me like one of your students, speak, Severus." She angrily sneered.