Chapter 16- Going Home

- Kore -

It has been three days since the lovely visit from the ice mage and the iron dragon slayer. Lucy and, now going by his real name only by the blonde girl, Kage packed all of their belongings to go back to Magnolia.

"Kage, are you sure you wanna come with me? I mean, I'm only telling you to come join us, but I didn't think you were actually gonna come." The blonde girl asked her partner. The brunette turned his attention to his celestial mage and walked towards the girl. He brought her into his arms and embraced the girl.

"Yes... I'm positive. I wanna join. Plus, we're partners now. We stick together, and it's gonna be like that until fate tells us that it's not. It's more fun when we're together." The brunette softly spoke in her ears. They hugged for longer until the girl broke away. Soon, it was time to head to the train and go home.

They were on their way to the station when something caught the man's eye. It was a familiar trademark building for the two. Without a second thought, he grabbed the girl's wrist and dragged her to the building.

"Hey! Where are we going?" The girl frantically yelled.

"To get ice cream!" Kage smiled at the girl. It was warm and very welcoming. They both entered the ice cream parlor and ordered ice cream. They walked out of the store with their delicious desserts to the train station. They chatted and joked around on their way. Eventually, they have arrived to the trains. They were about to board the train when an idea struck the blonde.

"Wait! I don't wanna rude the train. I have something actually." The blonde said. A look of confusion shot the man. The girl took out a key.

"Open Gate of the Pegasus of Wonder: Gael!" A golden shine shot out and showed a white creature with light blue accents.

"Hey boy! Wanna go on a ride?" The pegasus bent down slightly for the two mages to hop on. They sided their baggage to the saddle of the horse and readied them self. Soon, it was time for takeoff.
- Fairytail (a few days before) -

The guild was a buzz before Gray and Gajeel got back. It's like they never left. Only a few knew they were missing. The barmaid was cleaning the bar counter when the guild doors opened. At the other side was the pair of men that went on their way to find the celestial mage. Gray and Gajeel broke away from each other and sat at different areas of the guild. The ice mage started walking his way to the bar and the iron dragon slayer walked his way to report to the book worm.

"Hey Gray! How'd it go? Did you find her?" The barmaid asked the now half naked man. He shrugged his shoulders and turned his way to the girl.

"Yeah. It took us a while though cause we didn't know where she was in the beginning. We had to use Metal Head's nose after we searched for their training area in the forest. His nose led us to some weird places though. Like an ice cream parlor and I think the town centre. It took forever to find her. But nonetheless was she found. We ended up at their apartment and we stayed there too. It was actually nice. We tried to bring them home with us, but they said they would come later. They should be here in a couple of days from now." The ice mage replied. He then felt a glare from behind. He turned around and met onyx eyes. Soon enough, there was the face of a dragon slayer centimeters away from the ice mage's face. Gray was about to ask Natsu what he was doing but got interrupted by said man.

"Why do you smell like Luce? Is that you were missing with Iron Head for a few days? You went to see her? Tsk." The pink haired man growled. The ice mage shoved his frenemy back and stood up.

"What's it to you Flambé? What if I did?" Gray said. Natsu walked closer to Gray and grabbed him by the shoulder harshly.

"Yes, because I want her home. Here. With me. And nothing is gonna stop me from being with her. Not a single thing." Natsu said. He then let go of his comrade and walked out of the guild. Gray stood shocked. No one knew Natsu had it in him to say such words. Behind him, the barmaid stood just as shocked as the ice mage. But shock wasn't the only thing growing in her. She became worried, not for her guild mates or the guild, but what she wanted to see since the beginning of Lucy's journey.

Lover's quarrel.

- On the way to Fairytail (present time) -

The sky was now dark. It has been hours since the couple departed for the guild. It was a little past midnight. However, Lucy still sat awake on the horse. Kage laid his head down on the girl's shoulders and sleep peacefully.

Lucy continued to stare out in the dark sky when a loud sigh escaped her mouth unintentionally. Without realizing that she had accidentally woke up her partner, she blinked for a long moment.

"Hey, you okay?" Kage's voice spoke out. It had frightened the girl.

"What are you doing awake? When did you wake up?" The girl asked her partner.

"Well, I was out when I heard a very loud sigh." The man said accusingly. The girl backed out flushing with embarrassment. A tiny apology came from her. The man excused it but continued to talk.

"You never answered my question. What's wrong?" He continued to ask. The blonde was hesitate to answer, but it was her partner she trusted the most.

"I'm scared." Lucy answered with pain in her tone.

"Why? You said you wanted it go home. Why?" The brunette ask with curiosity. The blonde stayed quiet until her thoughts spoke out.

"I'm scared that they're gonna treat me the same. What if they never changed and I'm stuck being ignored?" The girl asked. A small tear escaped her eyes. The brunette felt that it was wrong to push her any further. He brought her into his embrace and comforted her.

"They're not gonna do that. Because they should've realized their mistake the first time. And if that happens, then know that I'm here with you til the very end. No matter what. I will always be by your side. Whether you like it or not." The brunette said. He continued to hug the girl and make her feel content again. They stayed in the same position for a while until the girl felt tired. She fell asleep without the brunette realizing. He only found out after sparking a random conversation.

"You know, I never really asked about where we are romantically. A-and I didn't know where to start. Heck, I don't even know what to ask. I-I don't remembering doing so, but I don't think I properly asked you to be my girlfriend. A-and I wanted to ask you for quite awhile now, since we..you know.. yeah. But here we are and I guess now is my chance. You know what, I've been talking for too long, and you haven't said anything in a while. I'm being annoying, aren't I? Yeah I probably am. Just ignored what I said. This is humiliating. Do you wanna talk about anything?"

The brunette turned his head downward just to see the blonde in a peaceful state. He softly smiled to himself and bent down slightly. He placed a gentle kiss on her head and brought her closer.

"Goodnight Luce. I love you."

**Hey! It's been awhile since I posted. I wanna thank you guys again for being patient with me and thank you for reading. Just a reminder that Fairytail and Fairytail characters do not belong to me, but to Hiro Mashima. I only own my original characters and the plot. Thank you and see ya later! :)**