"Ah, yes, Lady Y/N. She was successfully rescued and brought in time to the hospital. We visited her not too long ago. Her children are fine and unharmed. Why do you ask?"

"I just wanted to know that I at least did a little good." I stood up and walked to the heavy, gold and wooden doors of his room.

"Goodnight, brother." I heard Thor say from afar. I didn't answer, but just walked away.
I didn't mind the guards as I started to walk down the corridor. "My Prince, where are you headed to?" I heard one of the guards ask. Without looking back, and still walking, I answered: "To the balcony."

I could hear the irritation in my voice; I could even bet they were doing this to see how long I could stand them until I snapped. They were waiting for me to make a mistake to watch me get punished. I rolled my eyes, I might have been short tempered and revengeful, but I would endure as long as I had to. There's always a way around laws and commands. Just like I found my own way to travel through the realms without the bifrost, I could also do what I wanted, using the rules against them. I'm the god of mischief, not a dumbass.

When I was outside the night breeze hit my face, my long, black hair dancing behind me. I realized I was not alone tonight; mother was standing, facing the bright city of Asgard. Her golden nightgown swayed with the wind. "Not able to sleep tonight dear?" She asked without even catching a glimpse of me. I hesitated for a second but I still came to her side.

"I'm afraid not..." I finally replied, looking at her calm expression. Her eyes were actually closed. I silently admired the woman that had been my mother, though not my birth mother. "What disturbs your sleep?"

I didn't want to answer that, but I didn't have too, she always knew everything. "How about you mother? Can't you sleep?"

She laughed as if I had told a joke. "I just came to enjoy the beautiful night. The stars shine brighter tonight, now that my two sons are here, together back in Asgard. It looks like a billion galaxies have united to greet the princes." She opened her eyes and looked at me lovingly, just like she always did.

"But mother, your eyes were closed." I retorted and she shrugged. "I don't have to see to be able to know that even the universe welcomes you home." I didn't know how until now she still believed I was her son, she still treated me like I had done nothing wrong. She still looked at me the way she looked at me as a child.

"How can you still call me son after everything? You know the truth, you aren't my mother." I told her and she still smiled. I could see the hurt in her eyes at my remark. We had both created a mask when it came to disappointment and heartbreak.

"I still call you my son, because even though I didn't birth you, I still became your adoptive mother. I was the one who saw you take your first step, heard you speak your first word. I am the one who saw you grow, and cry, and hide behind your brother's shadow. I taught you all you know about magic and tricks. You are my son, blood related or not. You might have not come from my womb but I was still the one to watch you become who you are today. You say I'm not your mother, then why you call me so?"

That hit me hard and I couldn't look into her eyes. She was always right about everything. She was my mother and I couldn't reject the truth. Though it burned and I hated how right she was, I couldn't find a way to duel with her words. I took my mother's hand and kissed the back of it. "I must go sleep mother. Please go rest."

My mother turned away again. "I will my dear. I'll see you again in the morning."

I slightly bowed my head as I dismissed myself from her presence. I let the guards escort me back to my chambers, I was too tired to avoid them.