Chapter Four [ The Disturbance ]

Total words including author's note: 5056

***

"You are definitely right, mademoiselle. Let's go back inside." said the detective as he holds the magician's hand and pull her gently back inside the mansion where the scream of a woman that disturbed them came from.

Whispers can be heard everywhere while a lot of people surrounds one area. He excuses himself and starts walking through the crowd, still holding Rosalia's hand. As they go near the main area, he suddenly smells a familiar strong irritating odor. His eyes widens as they both reach the front, along with the magician who gasp while covering her mouth after seeing a man who is lying on the floor, died in brutal way. The detective immediately pulls Rosalia closer for a hug, in order for him not to see such horrific death.

"Don't look..." he whispered to her with a serious tone, Harley Hartwell is also there together with Sebastian Hainse, currently staring at the both of them. But he knows that there is no time to create a childish argument so Sebastian decided to let it pass till they solve the crime, Harley and Sebastian walk towards the both of them with a serious expression.

"What happened?" asked Jimmy while looking at the both of them

"The victim's name is Ronaldo Agrest, a 33 years old, famous business man in the France. The witnesses said that he suddenly collapse in pain, as his mouth starts to produce bubbles. Also, some parts of his skin are burnt" Harley said while looking at the victim that already has yellowish colored eyes, his is holding his burnt throat, some parts of his skin are burnt while there are mixture of bubbly substance and blood  that came out from his mouth.

'That odor...could it be?' he thought to himself as he stare at the victim

"Hey, Harwell, Hainse. That strong and irritating odor, it is not just me, right?" he said as he turn his gaze to them

"Yeah, we can also smell it even without getting near the corpse" Hainse said as he removes his mask. Jimmy and Harley did the same to have a better look on the crime scene

"As I thought, he was killed by making him drink hydrofluoric acid that is mixed on his wine" Jimmy said and pointed out the broken wine glass near the victim's body,

"We have thought the same thing" said Sebastian as he looks at the corpse and to the people around them while wondering something,

'Who would painfully and brutally murder someone like this?'

The British goes closer to the body of the victim to have a closer look, he frowns as he quickly cover his nose because of its odor. Exactly like what Jimmy observed, the victim's eye has turned yellow; throat is burnt till it melted including his skin.

'Died 5 minutes after drinking a wine that has large amount of hydrofluoric acid'

Noticing the sudden silence, Harley cleans his throat to break the silence. He looks at everyone with full of suspicion as he starts to speak,

"Is there anyone here who knows who the victim's friends, colleagues, or family members who have been with him?" asked the dark skinned detective, some people looks at him and raised their hands. Harley quickly walk towards those people and asked for some information.

On the other side, a woman is staring at the magician with narrowed eyes, she gasp as her eyes widens after identifying who she is.

"Y-you...you...." said the woman with a stuttering voice. Jimmy, who was still hugging Rosalia, quickly notices it as he raised his eyebrows and hugs the magician tighter.

"That girl over there, I know you!"

She exclaimed with a terrified tone, Rosalia looks at her, surprised and confused on the way she acted and by the tone of her voice