Chapter seventeen

• chapter seventeen •

"I'm sorry for being your son

"I'm sorry for being your son."

Scoffing at what Jimin had just said, Jungkook took a few steps forward to meet the prince, who wasn't tall enough to match his eye level. The half angel released an angry sigh and spoke, trying not to sound as rude. "Don't apologize. This isn't your fault."

"She cursed me, Jungkook and you, what happened to you? She was being a real mother to the son who she illegally birthed." Jimin spat, all the rage he kept in himself coming out slowly. Hoseok could practically see the flames roaring in his eyes, ready to burn everything down.

"So now you're telling me I'm not supposed to exist?"

"Son, calm-"

"No. I've tried to understand what Jimin is feeling, yet he keeps putting the blame on someone else and now it all feels like my fault." Jungkook said with a sharp tone. It was the breaking point of his patience. He reached out for Jimin's collar, fighting the desire to punch him in the face.

He was risking his friendship for his mother who betrayed her kingdom and her family.

Watching all of this, Hoseok had no clue how to stop two siblings.

So he ran away to reach for help.

"Aren't you an angel? You're supposed to see what's right in here. This woman doesn't deserve to live with freedom. She made me suffer for all those years ever since I was born." Jimin whispered, not daring to break the eye contact with Jungkook. "She's a criminal."

"And my mother." A sudden gush of pain jolted throughout Jimin's body. His stomach ached as he bit on his bottom lip from releasing a cry. With no desire to fight back, the prince had decided to let the angel take his anger out on him. No matter how hard he tried, he didn't want to hurt his best friend.

The young prince knew who exactly Jungkook was. He was the kindest and the sassiest angel he had met so far.

But he had terrible anger issues, something he inherited from his mother.

Before the angel could serve another punch, the woman next to him paralyzed him with a spell, using her magic after such a long time. "STOP! This is not what I have taught you, Jungkook. Apologize, right now!"

Jungkook whimpered, reminding her that he couldn't move.

Reversing the spell, the former queen glared at his son.

"I'm sorry." The boy spat, not looking at Jimin directly.

"You're not."

"I AM!"

"Doesn't look like it."

"DO YOU WANT ME TO CARRY YOUR SHORT BUM AROUND AND-"

"Jungkook, behave!" Seokjin said out of no where. The angel king hurried over to the younger one, grabbing his ear and pulling him towards the garden. "What did I tell you about respecting others? Have you noticed that you're losing feathers?"