Chapter sixteen

• chapter sixteen •

Jung Hoseok sat in front of the woman who had dark blue hair, almost black, styled into a bun

Jung Hoseok sat in front of the woman who had dark blue hair, almost black, styled into a bun. He stared at her with his tired chocolate eyes, gulping slowly as he started to see some similarities in her. She looked somewhat familiar.

For the past few days, he had been studying and researching non stop to find a way to get you home safe. He wasn't getting any closer towards his goal and neither could he find a solution to break Jimin's curse. This only left him in utter silence of course. He spoke less during dinner, breakfast or lunch, disappointed that his hard work was being wasted for nothing. As he kept working, the bright aura in him had started fade away slowly. He was exhausted both mentally and physically.

The warlock took a deep breath and opened his mouth to speak. He was here to fetch an ingredient for his potion, but Jungkook was no where to be seen.

"Sorry, Hoseok. My toothbrush was stuck in the..." Jungkook interrupted but he stopped midway of his sentence and smiled. "Oh, I see you've met my mother."

"Mother, meet my new friend, Jung Hoseok. He's a warlock and a pretty good one." Jungkook smiled proudly and sat next to the woman, who was smiling nervously.

Hoseok was not paying attention to the younger male, floating on a cloud in his mind as he was trying to recall something.

An old picture.

His eyes lit up as he fished out an old picture out of his pocket, confusing Jungkook. The half angel snatched it away from the warlock and studied it carefully. In a matter of seconds, his doe eyes widened in shock and fear. "This...this is you, mother." He whispered carefully, handing it to her. "Tell me, is that you or am I mistaken?"

"Of course, this woman isn't me Jungkook." The mother chuckled forcefully, avoiding Hoseok's burning stare.

"I know all about you, former Queen." Hoseok spoke, his voice sounding different than usual. "This is an old picture of you and my grandfather. He gifted you the ability to do impossible things a normal human could ever dream of doing."

Jungkook felt lost in his words, his eyes going back and forth between his mother and his friend. No words were spoken until his mother broke the silence with a dry chuckle. Her silver eyes were set on the warlock, who was shocked of the truth he had just spilled.

"Well...I'm not going to deny. The truth was supposed to come out sooner or later and," she sighed, softly looking at Jungkook. "It came out sooner than I thought."

It took a while to take everything in. Realization hit the half angel like a truck and his eyes widened even more, ready pop out any second. "Jimin...he's my half brother, isn't he?"

The former queen could only nod, as if her mouth was sealed shut.

"So you lied to me all along? You knew I'm close with Jimin, your own son yet you kept it a secret from me?" Jungkook stood up, opening his white wings, which only made him look purer and innocent, not matching his temper. "He's been searching for you all these years. Why can't you just-"