chapter 18 - Resident Evil

Start from the beginning

-----~-----

Vision 1

Day - Mystic Grill - Outside

(Song:) Mad World - Sara Hickman 

Elena was sitting at an outside table, writing in an open journal. After scribbling for a few moments, she became frustrated, ripping one of the pages out of her journal. She placed a salt shaker over it to keep it from being blown away by the wind.

Two little girls were running past, smiling, laughing. One of the little girls was fair and had red hair. The other had dark skin and long, black hair. 

The little girl with the red hair accidentally stepped into the table, knocking over the salt shaker, spilling it over the page of the diary.

The page of the diary blew away in the wind.

"Ah, Tory!" Elena complained. "Lindsey!" 

"Sorry," Young Tory told her, giggling. 

Elena gave them a look. "Stay here. I will be right back."

Elena sighed, standing, chasing after the page of the diary.

Young Lindsey and Young Tory were giggling with each other.

 Stefan picked the page of the diary up for Elena.

Their eyes met.

"You lose something?" Stefan asked.

"Uh, yes," Elena answered. "The two girls that I babysit made me lose it. It's a particularly mortifying page from my journal."

"Ah," Stefan told her. "You, uh, censor your journal? Pretty sure that's against journal rules."

"And I'm pretty sure that you're not the journal police," Elena told him. "Trust me, it's really bad."

"I'm officially intrigued," Stefan told her.

"And I'm officially not kidding," Elena told him. Stefan handed it to her. "Thank you. I'm Elena."

"I'm Stefan," Stefan told her.

Seeing Alex walking along Town Square alone, Stefan looked behind Elena to watch her go.

Elena turned to follow his gaze. "That's my--"

(Song Ends)

-----

Reality 

Day One

Morning - Town Square 

Alex was walking alone, seemingly distracted, nearly walking into the street.

A car nearly ran her over, continuing to drive as it honked its horn angrily.

Alex looked after it in confusion. 

-----

Salvatore Boarding House - Stefan's Room