The changing

Newts POV
I should be heading off to dinner but I don't feel like it I just wanna be alone with Luna.
I make my way towards the homestead to check on Luna.
It's been 5 days since Luna got stung, 5 days since our leader died, 5 days since we got trapped in the maze.
I am allowed back in the maze tomorrow but I do t think I want to go back there without Luna.
I visit her every day but she remains asleep, not moving, lifeless, during her sleep she turns into human and wolf multiple times.
Jeff told me I cant sleep with her until she wakes up.
She screams really loud in the middle of the night, I can hear her from my room and so can the other gladers.
Everyone is sad and moping around the glade.
Now that Alby's gone I am in charge I am leader, there is so much pressure, everyone comes to me for answers, it would be much easier and happier with Luna around.
I can't stand it any more, I wish she would wake up already.
I walk into the homestead and see Clint changing her bandages.
She is in human form ... She only changes during the night.
I think I should stay with her to keep her company and safe during the night.
But it makes me feel sad when I'm with her, I feel guilty but I feel alone and scared by myself.
I should sleep in the hallway so I'm half and half and see if that makes a different.
I walk in and watch Clint.
"Hey Newt how's it going?" He says looking up with a little smile
"Alright ... I guess" I say looking down at Luna
"How long do you think it'll take for her to wake up?" I say sitting down on the bed.
"Can't tell... if she doesn't wake up soon she might not ever wake up..." He says taking the old bandages away.
"Oh" I said bending over kissing her on the forehead.
"Hey Newt can you watch over her tonight?" He says as he puts the bandages in the bin
"Yeah why?" I say looking over at Clint
"Well coz the first night you slept with her and she was quiet and still because you were there but the other nights you weren't with her she would scream and growl... So I was wondering if you stayed with her we could all get some sleep and she might wake up faster..." He says walking back and sitting in the chair beside her bed.
"Sure" and I give a little smile
"Great, help yourself to anything and I will see ya tomorrow" he says walking out the door
I slip into bed with Luna and put my arms around her waist being mindful of her bandage and wounds.
"Luna if you can hear me I just wanted to say... I love you and I always will no matter what... Please if you can hear me please wake up! We need you... I need you!" I whisper and kiss her on the lips hoping she would kiss back, then I I drift off to sleep.
Luna's POV
~
I would have nightmares about my past 3 times a day and I remember meeting Minho before going into the box, Newt and Newts little sister Kayni, she was only a pup when we got taken away, the 3 of us would travel the country together, happy, not a care in the world.
I could remember where we were just before Newt got sent up in the box, a room where everything was white, the floors the door, the table He was strapped to, and much more horrific memories.
But the one that shook me up the most was seeing Newt getting his memory whipped and getting turned into human, he got put in a box with a note in his hand, I remember what the note said because I wrote it:

Dear Newt
I will join you soon.
You won't remember me but I will seem familiar.
You are a brave and loyal wolf and you can shape shift when you want.
You will learn more about that later.
Remember I love you and WICKED is good.
- _ _ _ _ the wolf.

I remember not being allowed to put my name on there so I left 4 lines for each letter of my name and the wolf so he would get an idea who it's from .... But he kept his powers hidden and left the note in his bottom draw of his bedside table in his room. He would have forgotten by now.
I could here talking I knew it was Clint because he would always talk to me as if I was a normal patient.
He would change my bandages daily and just have a conversation with himself.
But I heard another voice.
A British voice and realise that's the one and only Newt.
I was happy he was here I haven't heard of him in days.
He hasn't come and visited me or anything.
I thought he had given up on me.
They continued to talk and I felt Newt plant a kiss in my forehead, even though it's bandaged I could still feel it.
After a while they stopped talking and I could feel Newts warm body slip into bed with me.
His body pressed up against mine and his arms around my waist.
He started to talk to me.
"Luna if you can hear me I just wanted to say... I love you and I always will no matter what... Please if you can hear me please wake up! We need you... I need you!" He whispers to me then he kisses me on the lips and he goes to sleep.
' I'm here Newt, I'm alright ... I love you too ' I yell in my mind.
And sleep takes over and more memories come back but these are pleasant memories of Newt and I ...
It must be morning because I no longer feel Newt beside me.
I lay there in silence thinking if anyone could be bothered to see me, I am so bored .... But not so bored anymore...
I feel a sharp pain on my lower back, then it spreads through out my entire body.
I lay there screaming in my mind.
Wanting to move and punch the wall.
Run and never stop but I can't.
I can't move a single muscle in my body I can't even talk let alone open my eyes.
As the hours went by the pain gets more painful, the more I am left alone the more lonely I feel, and the more that I hear Newts voice the more I miss him.
I get dragged into another memory but this memory isn't a pleasant one...
~
I am in a place like a desert sand everywhere and anywhere.
I see zombie looking things behind a high fence that doesn't look very stable, I look closely and see the zombie things trying to bring down the fence.
I back up and bump into someone they put a hand on my shoulder.
" Someone you love dearly will become one of those..." The strange voice says
I stand there frozen in terror.
"Welcome to the real world" the strange voice welcomes me
"What are those things?" I ask staring at the fence that is knocked over.
"Cranks"
What the stranger had said will haunt me forever
And with that the strange person disappeared.
Then the things that the stranger called cranks started running up to me tripping over one another.
"No wait comeback! who is it?! Comeback! Tell me! Please!" I scream out while running away from the horrible creatures
I turn into a wolf and start running
"Newt" the wind howls
I trip over something I look down and see Newt he looks like one of those crank things.
He gets up and stumbles over to me I stand up and start bolting away from them, from him, from life.
I trip once again and look up and see Newt hovering over me about to rip me to shreds.
I turn into human and whisper "I love you"

Thank you for reading the changing (chapter 9) got lots of ideas so be sure to keep reading!