His threat toward Anakin flips a switch inside of me. I scream at the Sith as I focus on all of the emotions I have built up. I concentrate on the force flowing through my veins and push him into a far wall. How dare he threaten Anakin. I wanted to see him in pain. I wanted him to suffer. 

He hits with such an impact that I think he may actually go through the wall. Unfortunately, I'm not quite so lucky. He collapses to the floor before him and takes a moment to  regain his strength. 

Shock, terror and disbelief cover his face and I'm assuming I look much the same. I didn't realise I was capable of such...brutality.

His confusion fades into his evil smile as he comes to a realisation I was desperately hoping to avoid.

"Ah I see," He grins, "You have feelings for the boy." 

"I don't know what you're talking about." I say with so much clarity that I almost convince myself that it is true. I never knew I could lie so easily when it really mattered.

"Oh but you do, Young (Y/L/N). I wonder what the Jedi Council would think of this." He threatens.

"You won't live long enough to find out." I say with a tone unfamiliar to me. It is dark, painful, and cruel. 

Truthfully, I should be dead already. I'm merely a Padawan facing a Sith Lord. It should be no contest. I may be powerful when around Anakin, but not that powerful. Anakin himself is lying in agony due to the limb he lost at Dooku's hand. He was purposely keeping me alive. Why, I could not say.

Our previous duelling styles switch, with me opting for an offensive approach. I felt intoxicated by my own emotions. The power of a wildfire lied within my attacks on Dooku. 

"Good. Give in to that anger you feel." He pleads.

"I'm not angry, Count. I'm determined." I shout in retaliation, however I do not believe my own words. I see red all around me as a flame curls in the pit of my stomach. I am angry. Beyond angry.

"Foolish." He states in his monotonous voice. "You may be stronger than I thought, but not strong enough."

"We'll see." I furrow my brows. This new, confident side of me was darker than I wanted to admit.

He smirks and shoots blue lightning from his fingertips toward me. I quickly raise my lightsaber in defence and deflect it. It doesn't shoot back at him, instead it is somehow absorbed by the blade of the lightsaber in my hand.

Within seconds, I find myself feeling weak. My previous thoughts that he would not kill me are thrown out the window. As soon as I let down my guard, I will surely die.

I drop to my knees in exhaustion, just barely managing to hold my saber against the attack. I'm about to give in and accept my fate. I have failed. Not only myself, but Anakin, Obi Wan, Master Ti, and the entire Order. I close my eyes, preparing to lower my guard and willingly take the hit from Dooku.

The lightning  hits me all at once. I'm paralysed, stuck in place with no hope of escape from the pain. It was as though live wires had been attached to every nerve within my body. I convulsed as the electricity continued to flow through me. The pain is stronger than anything I have ever felt.  

After what feels like hours of endless torture, Dooku eases his attack on me. I finally can breathe.

"Pathetic." Dooku spits as he stands before my near lifeless body.

He turns to retreat to his ship while I lie helpless on the cold ground. I feel physically unable to drag myself back up. I need to focus. I need to finish this.