𝙈𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝘾𝙡𝙖𝙨𝙨𝙚𝙨

Start from the beginning

Aster's eyes grew large. "What are you saying, Professor?" she asked, even though she had her own suspicions now, though she wanted to deny it. Despite her sterner-than-McGonagall demeanor, she just couldn't see the medi-witch ignoring her duties in such a fashion. "Madam Pomfrey probably just didn't think to do the right scans, and the Headmaster probably told her not to worry about the comprehensive exam or something."

Snape nodded slowly. "Perhaps, but if a comprehensive exam wasn't done then, it would have been done after you rescued that blasted stone. After all, she would have needed to find out why you were unconscious. Disregarding that, as a healer she should have been suspicious about your size – you are well below the average for your age, male or female. I will admit to that detail had escaped my notice as well, but given my prejudices...Miss Potter?"

Aster shook her head quickly. "Call me Aster...or Ash, please. At least in private," she said. "Alright, I guess it's school policy that she answers to the Headmaster, and the Headmaster has his own reasons to hide my...er abuse. I don't think her intentions are bad. Do you think it's alright if I continue with her class?"

Snape leaned back on his chair and steepled his long fingers. "As you said, I don't think Madam Pomfrey means you any harm. Greater men and women have fallen under the Headmaster's meddling ways...including myself, admittedly. You may continue studying under her." He then leaned forward, giving her a sobering look. "However, if you are amenable, I can teach you the healing arts and of course the medi-potions that go along with it. That is, after all, what makes the difference between a regular Healer and a medi-wizard."

"You're a medi-wizard too?" Aster asked impressed. "That's really impressive actually. I know that according to the most recent Hogwarts: A History, you're also the youngest person in recent times to be recognized as a Potion's Master."

The smirk that played on Snape's face showed that he enjoyed that recognition. "Indeed. From there it wasn't hard to get a second mastery. What do you say?"

"Yes, of course," she quickly answered, but then her brain filled in on all the other issues. "But what about keeping your cover? Or what if Dumbledore suspects something?"

"My cover must be kept," Snape agreed. "But worry not. I am more than adept at deflecting suspicion. Besides, the Old Coot has been bugging me about seeing you for who you are, especially as the rumors of our last...altercation reached his ears."

Aster cringed at the memory. "Yeah, not one of my best moments."

"Nor mine," Snape said, inclining his head. "So if you are in an agreement, I will notify the school board and the Headmaster. It also wouldn't hurt if you wrote a letter, yourself, to the school board to request a change in instructors."

"I'll do it right now," she volunteered, pulling out a quill and parchment to put action to her words. Professor Snape proof-read the document for her, approving of how well she had composed it – big, flowery words and as overly formal as she possibly could. Then, she revealed her Potter Heir ring to seal the letter.

Snape looked surprised at this, and Aster smirked.

"My opinions about you were not the only things that changed over the summer," she said mysteriously.

"Indeed."

The Professor sent his and Aster's letter off together with his personal owl. It was too late to start anything practical, but Snape did insist on reviewing the stuff Madam Pomfrey covered the other day to make sure she hadn't missed anything. He set Aster with an assignment to write a 13-inch paper on the various medical scans available.

Aster rushed through dinner, so fast that she was doing a pretty good job of imitating Ron. At one point, Hermione had to slap her on the back after she nearly choked. She finished far before anyone else and raced up to her dorm for privacy so she could talk to Marvolo.