𝘼 𝙉𝙚𝙬 𝙇𝙤𝙤𝙠

Start from the beginning

"Your wardrobe will be finished by the end of the day," Clara promised. "Would you like to pick it up or have us ship it to you?"

"That's quick," Aster said, surprised.

"Of course," Clara sniffed. "We only offer the best services for our customers."

With how much her wardrobe cost, Aster had to agree. "Um, I'll pick it up," she said, not wanting to send her uncle into an early heart attack---he still had his uses after all---with all the owls it would take to deliver her clothes. Even if it would have been funny...

When Aster finally left the store, she blinked tiredly at Marvolo. "Please tell me we're done," she complained.

"Not even close," Marvolo chuckled. While he had no love for clothes shopping, he had enjoyed in impromptu fashion show Aster had unintentionally put on for him. "Now, come along."

The answer to Aster's earlier concern was answered when Marvolo guided her to a luggage shop. Aster was surprised at all the extra add on's one could get placed onto a trunk for the right price.

"A Hogwarts student like you? At least a four-compartment trunk," the clerk said after listening to what Aster said she needed. "One for your clothes, one for books, one with special protections for volatile potions, and one for everyday things." And then he went off detailing all the various spells he could add on, like an automatic shrinking charm, a lightweight charm, security spells...and on and on it went.

With Marvolo's input as well, Aster chose the recommended trunk and an additional hiker's pack. This pack, which was going to be her bookbag, had 5 compartments in it. The first was for books, second for clothes, third for first aid which had preserving charms and slots for vials of medi-potions, fourth for food which she would leave empty for now, and the last for knick-knacks. It also had the standard list of charms like bottom-less, lightweight, damage-proof, cushioning for the potions, and security.

"I wonder why Hagrid didn't let me buy all this the first time around," Aster complained as they left the luggage shop. The clerk had helpfully shrunken everything so she could slip it into her pockets. "He knew I had enough money."

"He was probably told to just get you the barest of necessities," Marvolo said. "I suspect it was the Old Man's way to keep you more dependent on him."

Aster frowned. "Dumbledore has a lot to answer for," she muttered. "So now what?" It wasn't the end of the day yet, so they couldn't pick up her new clothes.

"Sporting goods," Marvolo answered.

The idea perked Aster back up since she was beginning to feel tired. And if she was this tired then... Aster turned to Marvolo in concern. The spirit did look more transparent than earlier today. Without saying a word, she took hold of Marvolo's arms and wrapped it around herself, surprised at how cold the arms were.

"I don't want you to wait until you disappear to borrow my magic," Aster said firmly. She was dismayed that she had allowed her friend to become so neglected in all the excitement.

The spirit murmured his appreciation and simply draped himself, like a cloak, over the young girl's shoulders. They both shivered pleasantly when they felt the magic flowing between them. "You are like warm sunlight to a starving flower, my Little Serpent."

Aster ducked her head and blushed. "Come on, let's go."

It wasn't quidditch supplies that they got at the sporting goods store, but dueling supplies. Aster bought a dragonhide cloak, form-fitting dragon hide pants (to Marvolo's secret approval), dragonhide boots, and two dragonhide wand holsters. One would be fitted up her right sleeve for her holly wand and the other on her ankle, beneath her pant leg. They could both be invisible at will, had anti-summoning charms, and prior incantantum nullification. Marvolo said the prior incantantum nullification was going to be useful when Aster learned any spells outside the Hogwarts curriculum.