Chapter Eighteen:

Start from the beginning

"But I'm not a pure blood." Lily said.

"That doesn't matter." Draco dismissed, "We can lie to my parents, say your parents are on vacation and forget to arrange someone to pick you up. My parents would probably let you stay a week or two. After that, well, we'll figure it out when we get to it."

"Thank you." Lily said.

"Huh?"

"Thank you for being my friend." Lily said.

"I... um..."

"You're supposed to say 'you're welcome'." Lily stage whispered.

And then, Draco let out a laugh. A real, genuine laugh. Lily smiled and stood up.

"I'm going to go tell Harry." She said, "Thank you."

"Anytime." Draco smiled.

Lily left the compartment and passed Crabbe and Goyle on her way to find her brother. They were both too preoccupied with the candy in their hands to bother her, so she made it past them unscathed.

When Harry saw her and her red eyes, he stood up.

"Who hurt you?!" He demanded.

"Harry, it's not that." Lily said.

"What?" Harry asked, confused.

"Can we talk alone for a moment...?" She asked.

He nodded and they stepped out into the hallway. Lily took a deep breath before telling him everything that happened while she was with Aunt Marge. By the end of it, Harry was deadly silent.

"H-Harry?" Lily said, "I'm sorry, I-"

"Don't." He said, "Don't you dare apologize for that monster's actions. Don't you dare apologize for being too afraid to tell me sooner."

"You're not mad?" Lily asked.

"I'm furious, Lil. But not with you, with her." Harry explained.

"Thank you!" Lily embraces her brother.

"You're coming back with me." He continued, "I don't care what I need to do to make it happen, you are never going near her again."

"I love you Harry."

"I love you, Lil."

When the train pulled into the station, Lily was practically shaking with anxiety. Harry took her hand and guided her off the train with their luggage.

"Bye Harry, bye Lily!" Hermione said.

"Bye." Harry replied.

Lily tried to force a smile. The two siblings made their way through the crowd. Lily saw Draco standing next to his parents, subtlety watching her out of the corner of his eyes. She had a plan, and a back up one too, everything should be alright.

The Dursley's and Aunt Marge stood together at the station. They were talking loudly when they spotted the two kids.

"Well, come on then!" Uncle Vernon exclaimed, beginning to walk away.

Lily sent a panicked look to Harry.

"Are you going to just stand there, girl?!" Aunt Marge demanded, taking a menacing step forward.

"Actually, Lily will be coming with me." Harry said.

Aunt Petunia, who had been avidly avoiding looking at Lily, suddenly snapped her head to look at the girl. Tears pooled in her eyes.

"What?!" Aunt Marge screeched, "Absolutely not! She is mine, and you will not take her from me!"

"Really?" Harry challenged, "And why is it you want her to go with you so bad? So that you can have a free maid for the house?"

"Harry!" Uncle Vernon scolded.

Dudley was staring at his family, listening to the drama. Harry turned to his aunt and uncle.

"Do you know what that monster does to Lily?!" He asked.

Aunt Petunia looked over at Uncle Vernon.

"W-what do y-you mean?" She asked cautiously, trying to avoid looking at Lily.

"She abuses her. And not just emotionally."

Petunia's jaw dropped. She glanced at Lily and then turned away, full on crying now.

"Why you little insolent-" Aumt Marge began advancing on Harry.

Lily, though terrified of the woman, grabbed onto Harry and pulled him back, shielding him with her body. Aunt Marge froze. All eyes were on Lily.

"Y-you won't." She stuttered.

"I won't what?" Aunt Marge challenged.

"A-all my life you've hurt me. In more ways than one. You will not hurt Harry!" Lily cried.

"Oh my god." Aunt Petunia mumbled.

Aunt Marge, in a blinded fit of rage, moved and grabbed a handful of Lily's hair. She yanked the girl away from her brother. Lily lost her balance and fell to the floor. At this point, people were gathering around the family.

"Mind your own business!" Marge yelled, moving to kick the fallen girl.

Harry whipped out his wand, and opened his mouth go illegally use magic to save his sister. Before he could utter a spell, however, someone else stepped in.

In a spontaneous movement, Aunt Petunia leaped forward and pushed Aunt Marge away from her niece. Aunt Marge stumbled and looked at Aunt Petunia in disbelief.

"Petunia!" She exclaimed, while Harry helped Lily off the floor.

"We are going home." Aunt Petunia said, and without another word, she grabbed Harry by the arm and led him and Lily over to her husband and son.

"Petunia!" Aunt Marge called after the family as they walked away, "You gave her to me!"

But not a single person turned around. They got into the car in silence and began the drive to their house.

"Does this mean no more big presents?" Dudley asked from the backseat.

Harry elbowed him.

"Ow! Dad, mum, Harry elbowed me!" He whined.

"Harry." Uncle Vernon warned.

Harry huffed, but didn't respond. He instead looked over to his sister, who was staring out the window, barely able to believe that after twelve years, she, like Sirius, was finally free.