𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐓𝐰𝐨

Start from the beginning

He started to do tricks again, Emma smirking at her wife as she tried to copy him. Jasper smirked at Alice before quickly hitting the ball as she pitched it. Emmett climbed up the tree, grabbing the ball and then landing before throwing it to Esme who caught it, leaving Jasper on third base. Emma smirked at Amelia who watched her husband in awe before going up to bat. She readied the bat before nodding at Alice who pitched it. The girl quickly hit hard before dropping the bat and running quickly. She sent Jasper home before she herself got stuck on third base.

It was once again Rosalie's turn to bat. The girl hit the ball and started to run, only to stop when Alice yelled out.

"Stop!" They all quickly ran back to home base. "They were leaving, until they heard us."

"Let's go." Edward said, wrapping an arm around Bella until Carlisle stopped them.

"It's too late."

"Get your hair down." Edward said, looking over at Bella. Emma cocked an eyebrow at the boy.

"Like that'll do anything. I could smell her from across the field." Emma lightly snapped before turning and walking forward with the rest of her family. They all stood in a sort-of line. Edward and Bella stayed in the back, Esme and Emmett standing in front of them, Esme more than Emmet who was close to Jasper.

They watched as three nomads walked out of the forest. One dark-skinned man that held long braids, a dirty-blonde that was no doubt a tracker, and a redhead that had feline eyes. The three stopped right in front of the family who all took a step forward.

The dark-skinned man held up their baseball before saying, "I believe this belongs to you." He tossed it to Carlisle who quickly caught it.

"Thank you."

"I am Laurent." The man, Laurent, introduce. He nodded over to the redhead and then the dirty-blonde. "This is Victoria and James."

"I'm Carlisle, this is my family." Carlisle motioned to the rest of them.

"Hello." Laurent greeted.

"I'm afraid your hunting activities has caused somewhat of a mess for us," Carlisle spoke.

"Our apologies. We didn't realize the territory had been claimed."

"Yes. We maintain a permanent residence near by," Carlisle explained.

"Really?" Laurent asked, looking over at James who was too busy having a stare off with Edward. "Well, we won't be a problem anymore. We were just passing through."

"The humans were tracking us, but we led them east. You should be safe." Victoria said. Emma really didn't like this Victoria girl, she had a mocking look in her eye that angered her.

"Excellent." Carlisle smiled, keeping the situation calm.

"So," Laurent laughed, "could you use three more players?" The family all looked at Carlisle as they awaited his answer. "Oh come on, just one game."

Carlisle sighed, but kept a smile on his face. "Sure, why not. A few of us were just leaving, so you can take their place. We'll bat first."

He tossed Laurent the baseball, but Victoria intercepted and caught it instead. "I'm the one with the wicked curve ball."

Jasper smirked, "Oh, I think we can handle that."

"Ohhh." Laurent laughed, clapping his hands together. The nomads started towards the baseball field whilst the others walked back towards home base, only for a gust of wind to blow and send Bella's scent everywhere. James sniffed the air and smirked.

"You brought a snack."

James started towards them and the vampires all immediately moved in front Bella, crouching down as they let out snarls.

"You brought a human?" Laurent asked as he and Victoria joined James' side.

"The girl is with us." Carlisle said, standing protectively in front of his family. Emma and Victoria were glaring at one another, Emma's eyes flashing red which resulted in the redhead to widen her eyes in slight surprise. "I think it best if you leave."

"I can see the game is over. We'll go now." Laurent said, trying to defuse the situation. He started to back away. "James." The said vampire stood up and continued to glare at Edward. Victoria stood up with a hiss before turning around and allowing James to wrap an arm around her.

"Get Bella out of here." Carlisle ordered, looking at Edward who was still watching their retreating figures. "Go." Carlisle turned his son around before pushing him towards Bella. The two quickly left and Emma sighed.

"See, I told you that girl was going to bring danger." Emma muttered before speeding around and picking up all of the bases.

"Emma, not now." Amelia shook her head, placing a hand on her sisters shoulder. Emma rolled her eye before quickly following her family back home where Laurent was waiting.

 Emma rolled her eye before quickly following her family back home where Laurent was waiting

1,341 words

Authors note: The baseball scene is my favorite scene in Twilight.

I hope you all enjoyed! Stay safe! Until next time, bye loves!♥️

@HAHA_LIFEISTOUGH