Chapter Fifteen: Police Interviews

Chris's POV

I am separated from Y/N... from everyone as I'm ushered into an interrogation room at the police station. 

I try to find the words. I try to explain my story. But having to relive everything like this is hard. 

"The old man... I er... I don't know how to describe him, I mean..."

"You said you thought he was stalking you at first," the policewoman says. "Did anyone else in your group think that?"

"Well, yeah..."

"Is it possible they could have killed him?

"What? No! No, you don't understand. Don't you underst-"

"If he attacked you..."

"He saved my life and helped me save Y/N! And I watched him die!"

Y/N's POV

"Was the old man real?"

"Yeah," I affirm. "Of course he was. You talked to Chris about it? Why can't you just take his word for it? Why are you asking me?"

"Do you know anything about this man?"

I shake my head. "No... I only knew him for a little bit. I only know that he saved me and Chris's lives."

Ashley's POV

"I heard Jessica... I don't know how or why she was down there, but I know I heard her... But when I got there, I was scared it was a trap so I just went to find the others... I don't know what would have happened to me if I had opened the trap door. Is Jessica here, though?" I start to panic. "I didn't fail her, did I? Is she alive?"

Emily's POV

"He held it right up to my face... right here!" I point to the bridge of my nose. "Right in front of my nose and he could have shot me! He almost shot me! The prick! I mean, you go out with a guy for however long and you think you know him, but man, this one really takes the cake."

Matt's POV

"I was right there... and I could have done something. I tried to do something! I wasn't good enough..."

Jess's POV

"How did you end up in the mines?" the policeman asks me.

"I was... carried... and... taken... and..."

"What did you see?"

I shake my head. "I don't know. I don't know."

Mike's POV

"He was out of his mind! He wanted to hurt us. Yeah, he... and... I thought he was the one who attacked Jess. I accused Y/N too, but... I was wrong. I was really wrong."

Matt's POV

"Do you know how Jess ended up in the mines?"

I shake my head. "No... She found me and we were able to get out of the mines together. She didn't tell me how she got down there."

"What did you see?"

I look down at the ground. "I don't even know... It was... It was awful."

Sam's POV

"I thought we were close. I don't know, maybe we are. After his sisters disappeared, he'd come and talk to me. He said Y/N and I were the only ones who understood him. I thought... I thought we had a connection. Maybe we do, but maybe it's just me. After all, I don't know why Josh didn't talk to me about all the problems he was having. But I guess that could go for Y/N too. They kept it from us."