Prologue

Disclaimer: I do not own the above picture and the title page. Again, I do not own Until Dawn or its characters. 

Now, for the story...

Chris's POV

Y/N has always been there for me, even as long ago as third grade...

"Come on!" I hear someone yell. The voice belongs to the school bully, Dustin. 

"Leave her alone!!" I hear someone else demand. 

Josh?

I just met Josh yesterday, but we instantly hit it off. If he's getting in trouble with a bully, I need to be there to help him.

"Just give me the lunch box, Y/N!" Dustin says.

I start running down the hall, even though I know I'm not supposed to.

When I get to where the noise is, I see two of Dustin's friends holding Josh back as he thrashes forward, trying to help the girl who is being pushed against the wall by Dustin. The girl is holding a bright blue lunch box, which she holds behind her back and away from Dustin. 

"I told you, Dustin! Leave my cousin alone!" Josh exclaims, thrashing harder.

Cousin?

None of them have noticed me, allowing me to rush over and knock Dustin away from the girl. 

"Chris!" Josh says. "You're here!"

I smile over at him before turning my attention to Dustin, who is glaring at me. 

"What do you think you're doing, nerd?" he asks me. 

"What do you want with that girl's lunch box?" I demand.

Dustin scoffs. "Since when do you care."

"Since you started being mean to her." I look over at the girl, who just looks back at me with wide eyes before turning to Josh, who is still thrashing. I can tell that his breathing is picking up.

"Josh," the girl, whose name must be Y/N, coaxes. "I'm alright, Josh. Please. Try to calm down. It's going to be alright. I'm right here." The girl glares at Dustin's friends. "Let him go!!"

Since I'm distracted, Dustin takes this opportunity to slam me against the wall, pressing me against it. 

I wince.

Dustin chuckles, taking off my glasses and holding them up right in front of my face so I can see them clearly. "Can you see this, nerd? Or are you blind?"

"Hey, Dustin!" I hear Y/N call. 

I can make out Dustin's blurry head as it turns towards Y/N.

"You wanted the food in my lunch box, right?" she continues. "Well... I have something better for you! A knuckle sandwich!"

With that, I watch as a blurry Y/N punches Dustin hard in the face. 

Dustin stumbles backward, dropping my glasses. 

I laugh as Dustin starts crying, running away with his friends close behind him. I sink to the ground, feeling around for my glasses.

I feel someone touch my hand, making me stop. Then whoever it is puts my glasses back on my face. 

It's Y/N.

And with no bullies or blurry vision to get in my way, I finally get a good look at her.

Wow. She's really pretty.