“Are you gonna shoot the bad guys Dad?”, Tyson asked.

I laughed, “Most likely.”

“Cool!”, Tyson shouted.

“If anyone asks”, I said looking at Adelind, “he's not ours.”

She laughed. I walked inside and switched my stuff into the winter vest and then walked out to the helo pad where a V-66 was waiting. My friends were gathered around as well. Everyone was dressed from snout to tail in white gear. One thing I noticed was that Mnerloth had a lot of Vietnam era stuff hanging off her.

“Hey Mnerloth”, I asked, “what's with all the Vietnam gear?”

“I like it for sniping”, Mnerloth said, “they haven't made the HK PSG-1 in forever, at least not anywhere but here and it's a nightmare to find pouches to hold the mags for it, but I find the old US ammo pouches work well and so do a lot of snipers here.”

“Makes sense”, I said stepping into the aircraft.

My friends and I found places to lay as the 66 spooled up and lifted off.

Six Hours Later

Night engulfed the woods around us. The dark, starless sky gave us perfect cover . The wind howling through the trees masked our foot and paw steps perfectly. Taro, Mnerloth and I were approaching a small lit shack that was playing host to three guards.

“Hah”, Taro said, “these assholes are playing chess.”

“This one over here is sleeping”, I said, “take the others out on my kill.”

I lowered myself close to the ground and crept up to the guard. With one swift motion, I pounced. Taking him out of the chair and to the ground. Before he even had the chance to scream, I placed my paw on his mouth and tore his throat out. The was a light scuffle and a faint crack as Taro and Mnerloth finished the remaining guards. Taro came out of the hut with a bit of blood dripping from his mouth and Mnerloth came out from the woods with her rifle in hand.

“Clear inside”, Taro said.

“Then let's get to the rendezvous point”, I said, “keep it tight, no noise.”

My friends and I crept through the woods and we soon came along a cliff face that had at least a 50 foot drop off. Down in the valley below was a cluster of buildings and a large warehouse. I could see lights in many of the windows and I could smell meat drifting on much of the smoke that the chimneys in the village carried. This village was definitely occupied.

“Talk to me Issac”, I said, “were are you guys?”

“Securing evac now”, Issac replied, “just cleaning house.”

“This place will be a lead storm in twenty minutes”, I said.

“Acknowledged”, Issac replied.

“Hudson”, I called, “where are the rest of you?”

“Right here”, a low voice came from behind us. I turned to see Hudson and the others standing behind me.

“Let's move in”, I said, “keep it tight.”

Slowly and quietly, we crept into the town and began observing.

“I count four hostiles with submachine guns and two with M4's”, Fireclaw said, “the rest only got handguns.”

“Chances are good their all packing that DK crap”, Sozenn said.

Ator shivered, “good thing I got plates on my scars.”

“Shadow”, I said, “you, Nina, Syralth and Tess kill power to the village. Mnerloth, you, Taro, Wyatt Rolland and Val displace, I want those sniper towers knocked out and I want sniper support, the rest of you are with me.”