Chapter 56

MADISON'S POV'

Weeks passed. Not a single word exchanged between she and I. Not a look. Not a glance. Did we become strangers? I didn't stop going to the park, in hope that I'd meet her there, but she did. I haven't seen her face there in ages. I only saw her during my break and it was like she'd disappear after it. She'd leave before us to go to the art class, after art class she'd come back to her English class and boom disappear again.

"Kelsey have you seen Valerie?"

"Not in ages, she's not answering my texts either, I'm getting scared."

"Amy?".

"She's probably getting laid don't worry."

At lunch, I didn't look at her once. It was either my feet, the window, my feet again, my hands. Did I pay attention to what everyone was saying? I didn't know.

Whenever I'd try to talk to her after it, she'd disappear.

"Fuck it." I looked at the clock on my phone and groaned. The hour wasn't passing and it was killing me inside. It felt like a whole day.

Blake looked at me and didn't react as if I didn't do anything. Wasn't she gonna ask me what was wrong? Wasn't she gonna give me some remark? Weren't we gonna exchange at least a word?

"You okay?" Asked Nick not so quietly.

"The time isn't passing what the fuck?!" I mumbled so only he could hear it.

23 pairs of eyes looked at me, including Valerie's hazel ones.

Wait, she heard it?!

She didn't say anything, but sure as hell was hurt.

"Gray it's your turn, join the team!" Shouted Miss Adams passing me the ball.

I held it in my hands for a second and looked at it. I was so angry. Why not take it all out on the ball? I played like I never did before. Inappropriate? 3 points.
Gray? 3 points.
Valerie? 3 points.
Coleman? 3 points.

"Madison, I need a word before you leave." Shouted Laura.

I left the stadium and went outside, followed by the girl. "You okay?"

"Yeah why?" I drank my water.

"You seemed angry. I can feel it Gray."

I walked towards a bench and sat down, the short-haired doing the same. "It's none of my business, I know, but I need to know."

"What's on your mind?"

"Why is Valerie leaving suddenly after her breaks. Like, where does she disappear to?"

Thompson sighed. "If I tell you that I'm concerned as much as you are would you believe me?"

"Yeah? No? I don't know."

"You actually smile around her you know? I'mma tell you a secret, she does too. Look Gray," she sat leg crossed, "I'm not dumb. I've seen the way she looks at you. I've seen the way you look at her."

"I-" oh fuck I was screwed.

"Shhh. Let me finish. There's sadness in Valerie's eyes. If what you have to tell her would hurt her in any way, please, don't. She's already hurt enough."

"I miss her. Whenever I try to approach her at the end of the class, my body burns, literally, and she disappears."

"Wait, your body what?"

"It burns."

"Oh my-"

VALERIE'S POV'

I sat on my bed, sketching.

Nefelibata (Girlxgirl) (teacherxstudent)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara