Chapter 29

Carol's POV

"We're all gonna die!"

"Shut up and stop jinxing us!"

"But they hit a tail wing! We can't land unless the left or right wing is hit!" Quill began hyperventilating. 

"Do I look like I care about the laws of physics?" Carol cranned her head around to Quill.

"No, but-"

"Then. Shut. Up.!"

"Sorry, Captain Cocky... OW!"

Carol threw the nearest thing she could find, which happened to be an empty soda can. Satisfied by the sound that it made on Quill's skull, she turned back to flying the Benatar without dying.

"What the hell?!" He glared at her.

"Talk shit, get hit." Carol couldn't even be bothered to turn around at this stage. Boys were soooooooooooo annoying.

"I thought you were trying to fly a spaceship here, not kill us!"

"Quill, if you were to jump from your confidence to your IQ, you would break your legs. So I advise you stop talking before I break your arm. Again."

"Again!" Rocket stared at her, clearly unsure of what to think. At least she didn't tell Rocket what else happened the last time Quill had flirted with her...

"Can you two focus and fire some lasers?"

"Okay... Just... don't hurt me..." Quill whimpered.

"I can't guarantee that I won't hurt you, but I will try."

"Reassuring..."

Carol was glad Quill had now shut up. There was no way she could come up with more creative insults with the more pressing issue: where did all these Starships come from?

"Hala." Pyre snorted.

"You still haven't put on any music." Vers complained.

Ignoring the voices in her head, Carol turned back to flying. There was no way she could possibly fly the Benatar, talk to Vers and Pyre, and talk to Rocket and Quill at the same time.

However, life decided like she needed to learn how to multitask as all three happened at the same time.

"Are you sure we aren't going to die?" Vers yawned.

"We are all going to die!" Quill shrieked like a little girl.

PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW-

Satoria came into view, several extremely tall trees poking out of the atmosphere. The air became thick and foggy, almost freezing. Not that Carol cared much. Kree didn't really feel the cold that much.

About darn time... Carol breathed a sigh of relief. Technically, she was breaking most laws about the speed at which you were allowed to approach a planet, but right now she didn't really care.

Well, it had only been twenty minutes, not thirty. Plus, they had only broken the tail wing!

CRASH

And the right wing.

Which meant they were plummeting to the ground at over sixty miles an hour.

"The book character development is going way too far..." Pyre complained loudly.

"I would say nice knowing you, but the plot convenience decrees that the main character cannot die until chapter 45. So I'd say we're good for another few chapters."

Apart from the voices in her head, the situation was horrifyingly familiar to Carol. The plane- no spaceship was falling to the ground with a damaged left- no... right wing.

Taking deep breaths, she yanked the plane- spaceship out of nose dive and into a horizontal fall. Ploughing down multiple trees, the ship crashed through a lake- wait, there was no lake... wasn't there? Carol swore there had been a lake a few seconds ago...

As the ship cam closer to the ground, multiple voices began to fill her head. Carol couldn't tell what was real and what wasn't. A small bead of cold sweat slid down her cheek, despite the cold air of Satoria. Her skin was boiling, and she wasn't sure why.

Even though the sky was thick with trees, the air seemed to disappear with each breath she took, leaving her gasping.

As the Benatar hit the ground, Carol's eyes blurred until everything faded into black...