So, she looked back and showed him the small smile she had.

"Yeah, goodnight."

-------

The next time Y/n woke up it was already time for work, she finished her routine and since she was in a good mood she decided to make her dad breakfast.

She made her way to the kitchen and frowned when she saw an empty bottle of whiskey on the table, her mood slightly turned sour but that didn't stop her from making breakfast. When she decides to do something she'll make sure to see it through.

After making and eating breakfast she wrapped the one for her father in plastic and left it on the now cleared kitchen table. She gave Sumo his breakfast and left him some snacks before driving off to work.

When she got to the police station there weren't any new assignments given to her so she decided to have a cup of coffee. She entered the break room where the coffee machine was and she saw that Detective Gavin Reed was already there with Officer Tina Chen.

"Morning, Tina, Gavin," she smiled at the two, more so at Tina than Gavin.

"Morning, Y/n," the officer smiled.

"What's up?" Reed asked as she poured herself a cup of coffee.

Gavin Reed wasn't all that of a good guy, sure he was good at his job and produced results but he had issues when it comes to his behavior. He's insensitive and rude to just about everyone except for a select few like higher-ups and Y/n.

That and Y/n almost broke his arm when he went too far with "joking around" with her which ultimately led him to develop a sense of fear for her.

"Nothing much, haven't gotten any new assignments yet so I figured I might as well. You two?"

"Just finishing up before heading out on patrol," Tina smiled.

"Alrighty, have a good day you two."

When Y/n went out, she went straight to her desk which was a little farther away from her father's, she knew he'd be late today so she didn't even bother glancing at his area.

"Hey, Y/n? You got those files I asked for last time?" Officer Wilson from the desk a little behind her asked and she began sorting out her files and work.

She focused on her work for a bit until her attention altered after hearing the door to the captain's door forcefully open. When she took a look she saw her father, whom she hadn't even noticed arrive, storming out the office followed by what seemed to be an android.

She took a quick glance at her father and the android and somewhat felt bad for the android. It was no secret how much her father hated androids since it's all over his desk too. She knew androids couldn't really feel emotions but she's afraid her father might damage it and, in turn, cost him money.

Y/n sighed and stood up from her desk and headed over to the captain's office without even sparing a glance to her father, they both knew that when she does this it's to apologize for his recent indecent behavior.

Once she enters, Captain Jeffrey Fowler was already leaning back on his chair as if he already knew this was going to happen and, in a way, he did since this wasn't the first time she's apologized for her father's actions.

"Good morning, Captain."

"Good morning, Y/n. At least you have the decency and manners to greet a superior."

"Captain whatever happened please know that I am-"

"Y/n, you don't need to say this again. Every damn time your father does something wrong it's you who always says sorry for it."