Chapter 55: Beginning

Third Person’s Point Of View

Everyone is getting ready to go to the Luminaria Palace for Prince Lucas and Princess Lara’s birthday. Everyone is getting excited—from the Kingdom of Luminaria to other Kingdoms. Their lanterns are also ready to be lit up and let fly on the sky because this is not just the prince and the princess’ birthday but also this day is also their myth goddess’ special day.

Walang naka-a-alam kung ano ang bagay na ‘yon—why this day became special for the myth goddess but they are still celebrating it anyway for it was a special day for their myth goddess. Some aren’t believing in her existence but most of the immortals are believing in her. Their myth goddess that one of the supreme deities’ daughters. It became their tradition already—when the day comes when the sun will shine more brightly than before.

Hindi lamang iyon pangkaraniwan at hindi nila kayang maipaliwanag, especially, when the night came. After the sun shines brightly—when the night comes, a golden moon will appear and will release golden dust and starts from the sky will shine brightly too. It was a phenomenon that everyone is always looking for—a phenomenon that making the whole Luminaria realm into a breathtaking and magical one even more.

Madami ang nagaganap sa tuwing dumadating ang araw na ‘to dahil hindi lamang ang pagsinag ng kaiibang liwanag ng araw at ang gintong buwan ang nagaganap ngunit madami pa. Elementalists think that it was their myth goddess’ blessings for them that’s why this phenomena became one of the special day for every elementalists and it lasts for one week. However, it was only once that the golden moon will rain a golden dust and turn the realm into golden realm.

If everyone is excited about both reasons—for the Luminaria Kingdom’s prince and princess’ birthday and about the phenomena that they called the Golden Phenomena—Queen Emerald wasn’t. She still can remember how this phenomenon always excites her but not until her daughter disappeared. This day just turned into a nightmare for her for it was her daughter’s and Prince Lucas’ birthday.  

Every time this day comes, it always makes her drown in her sadness. But she didn’t let it happen because she still have a son na kaarawan din ngayon. She was close to losing hope but when she was on the verge of giving up, someone just saved her and give her a reason not to lose hope. The queen still can feel her sadness but she was trying hard to forget about it, much with the king’s happiness.

On the other hand, Princess Jade was panicking and she was nervous as hell! She knows she shouldn’t be feeling like this—not right now that it was her daughter’s birthday—but she couldn’t and she knows too well why. She’s nervous over something and that’s about the secret that she’d been keeping for so many years. She doesn’t know if they will forgive her, but she hopes, they will…

“Jade, you should calm down. Lara might notice you that you’re bothered,” Lady Romina said to her friend. Na sa kwarto sila ni Princess Jade sa palasyo dahil maya-maya lang ay mag-uumpisa na ang birthday party para sa mga prinsepe at prinsesa na mayroong kaarawan ngayon.

“Mina, how can I calm down if I know that this day is the right time?!” Kabadong tanong ng prinsesa rito habang naglalakad parin ng pabalik-balik.

Lady Romina sighed as she stands up and faced the princess. “We can’t do anything about it, Jade. Wala ka ng magagawa kung ‘di ang sabihin sa kanila ang totoo. If they will not forgive you, then at least, you told them the truth! Hindi mo naman ‘yon ginawa para sa sarili mo, kung ‘di para sa kanila rin,” pagpapakalma niya rito at buti na lang ay gumana.

Lady Romina is worried about her and Princess Jade is thankful that she has at least Lady Romina on her side. She knows that she will never turn her back on her and will never hate her about her decision. They’ve been a partner in crime ever since and they promise that no matter what, they will stick together and will never leave each other until the secrets were already told.