Chapter 26: Tale, From Magimus Academy

We reached the Mystique forest and look for the person who owns that powerful aura but when we reached where we exactly can feel the aura is, we only found an apple on the ground. I furrowed while Cressa shake her head before picking the apple and looking around.

“That lady…” I heard she said before pouting cutely.

Hindi ko naman maintindihan ang mga nangyayari. Earlier, we felt an overwhelming aura and it was coming from here—in Mystique forest. But when we reached where we felt it—this is what we found—a single apple on the ground.

“You’re here…”

Nilingon ko ang nagsalita ang I found a beautiful lady—another goddess just like Cressa. All I can say about her is beautiful ngunit kapansin-pansin ang kulay ng kaniyang mga mata. It’s very captivating because it was like a milky way—slowly swirly until it stopped. It was so beautiful that you will see yourself being lost in it.

“What again, Ate Tale?”

Napakurap-kurap na lamang ako ng marinig ko ang malambing na boses ni Cressa and when I look at her, she was looking at the lady while pouting and showing the apple in front of her. Sa klase ng tono niya, tila natagal na silang magka-kilala but I noticed that the lady was wearing a cape—a cape that telling that she came from Magimus Academy.

“Tss.”

She went closer to Cressa and get the apple in her hand before wiping it in her clothes. Then she turned her head on me while she was biting the apple. This lady looks intimidating and stunning—mukha siyang masungit at suplada ngunit nakadagdag lamang ‘yon sa ganda niya.

Tinignan niya ako na tila sinusuri ang buong pagkatao ko and I can’t help but feel intimidated by the kind of her stare. Inaarok nito ang aking pagkatao—she was like judging me silently—yes, her expression was telling me that she is judging me and it makes me feel uncomfortable.

“Hey! You’re scaring her!” It was Cressa at tila nakahinga naman ako ng maluwag, lalo na ng iniiwas ng babae ang tingin niya sa akin.

They stare at each other’s eyes and they were like talking until the lady looked at me again before she smiled at me sweetly—a genuine smile. “ I’m Tale, from Magimus Academy,” she said at hindi ko alam ngunit tila nakaramdam na naman ako ng koneksyon mula sa kanila—a connection just like what I felt from Cressa. “And yes, dear, I was judging you but don’t worry, it wasn’t negative just like what you are thinking,” she continued before patting my head and I was slightly shocked because of it.

Nawala ang pagiging-intimidating niya ng ngumiti siya—a kind of smile that also melts my heart. When patted my head, she was like a big sister of mine at hindi ko maiwasang makaramdam ng kaiiba dahil do’n. Since Cressa was calling her ate I think I should also call her like that.

“I’m Lara… Ate Tale,” I said and smiled at her and while looking at her, I saw how her face softened.

Cressa cleared her throat and I noticed the hidden smile on her lips. “You really used that trick just to call us, huh?” Said Cressa while looking at Ate Tale and she was looking at her unbelievable.

Ate Tale bites again her apple before smirking at Cressa. “I was testing something, you know,” she answered before shrugging.

“You don’t have to do that, you know,” Cressa even pouted and I just wanted to pinch her cheeks for being adorable.

Hindi ko maintindihan ang mga pinag-uusapan nila at nakikinig lamang ako until Ate Tale look at me before handing me a paper bag and I don’t know where she got this—yeah, she summoned it. “Here, that’s yours,” she said and when I look what was inside of the paper bag, my mouth was just left hanging.

Strawberries!

“Hindi ‘yan basta-bastang masisisra—kahit sa isang taon mo pa kainin ‘yan, so, don’t worry,” she said before leaning in my ear. “And my strawberries are yummier than his strawberries,” she said and I blink a few times because of what she said.

Ano daw?

Nangunot ang nuo ko dahil sa winika niya. Ano’ng ibig niyang sabihin? Strawberries of whom? She can see that I am wondering because of what she said but she only smirked at me mysteriously before biting her apple. She has no plan on making clear things from me while here I am—being curious about what she said.

“Stop it, ate!” Cressa said before she faced me and smiled at me. “Huwag mong pansinin ang sinabi niya, ha? She’s only messing with you,” she said and smiled at me sweetly but Ate Tale only scoffed before I caught that she rolled her eyes which made me chuckle a bit.

“Your blueberries are already in your room and your gummy bears,” Ate Tale said and it made Cressa smile brightly and jump like a child.

“Yes! Thank you! Thank you!” Then she throw herself to Ate Tale and hug her which only made the latter shake her head before her eyes looked at me.

“Wanted to hug me too?” She softly asked while looking at me now tenderly and I feel like there’s a hand caressing my heart. I smiled at her before hugging her too while Cressa still hugging her. And when I hug them, I felt a familiar feeling before I heard Ate Tale’s voice. “We will wait for you… sister.

***

I had a good time with Ate Tale and Cressa. We had a picnic in Mystique forest but sadly, we had to part our ways. I will miss them. Naglalakad ako habang nakayuko ng bigla na lang akong nauntog sa isang pader pero hindi naman ‘yon gano’n kalakas. Pero teka… pader? Pero bakit parang ang bango naman ng pader na ito at nararamdaman ko pa ang hangin mula sa ulo ko?

Hindi ‘yon pader!

Ngunit kumabog bigla ang puso ko ng pakiramdaman ko ang presensya nito. Bakit… bakit parang pamilyar ‘to sa akin? Unti-unti ko namang inangat ang ulo ko at napatigil na lang ng makita ko ang prinsepe ng apoy na nakatingin sa akin ng seryoso. He was towering over me and I was lost in his eyes again. Ngunit bigla kong naalala ang nangyari no’ng huli kaming nagkita at naramdaman ko na lamang na nag-init ang pisngi kaya para makaiwas ako ay nag-drama ako.

Huhu! Gumana ka, please!

Hinawakan ko ang nuo ko at kuwaring nasaktan dahil sa pagbangga ko sa dibdib niya—kahit mukha akong ewan dahil late reaction ako. “Ah! Ouch! Aw! Aw! Ouchie!” I made my face like I was about to cry—I pouted my lips at ginawang kaawa-awa ang aking ekspresyon ngunit hindi ko sinubukang tumingin sa mga mata niya dahil alam kong mapatitig lamang ako sa mga ‘yon.

“Hmm?”

Naramdaman ko ang paggalaw niya at namalayan ko na lamang na malapit na ang kaniyang mukha sa akin kaya medyo napaatras pa ang ulo ko. He then hold my right wrist gently—ang kamay kong naka-hawak sa aking nuo and I just found myself being lost and drown in his eyes again.

Napaiwas ako ng tingin dahil hindi ko kayang titigan ang nakalulunod niyang mga mata. Napalunok pa ako dahil nanatiling gano’n ang posisyon niya—nakahawak sa kanan kong pulsuan kaya ramdam ko ang init ng kamay niya, habang medyo malapit pa rin ang mukha niya sa mukha ko.

Nananadya ang lalaking ‘to!

Napalunok na naman ako habang tumitingin-tingin sa paligid. Then from my peripheral vision, I saw him smirked and he looks sexy doing that! Oh, deities! Can someone help me here?! This guy—this prince of fire was flirting with me! But here I am—ready to flirt him back—oh, my goodness, Hope Lorelei Lara Sapphire Watson!

“You are blushing…” his voice… his voice sounds seductive while I still could feel his piercing eyes on me. “Are you… really hurt, hmmm?” His soft, gentle, and flirting tone lingered on my ears.

Huhu! Bata pa po ako!

Tumikhim ako at tumayo ng tuwid kaya wala na siyang nagawa pa at tumayo na rin ng maayos. Binawi ko na rin ang kamay ko mula sa kaniya at buti na lang, wala ng ibang estudyante ang narito ngunit imposible namang maging ganiyan siya kung may mga estudyante sa paligid.

Tumikhim akong muli at buong tapang na tumingin sa mga mata niya. Nakangisi pa rin siya na para bang nagugustuhan niya ang nakikita niya ngayon. Nilalandi po ako ng prinsepe na ‘to! From gentle to flirty one real quick! This prince of fire is really unbelievable!

“We will fight each other in the ranking, so be ready, Princess Hope Lorelei Lara Sapphire Watson…” he’s still smirking and his smirk became flirtatious and I just felt my heart palpitating. “… because I’m gonna ravish you…” pagpapatuloy niya.

Ravish—what?!

“Prince of fire…” I said mabilis siyang natigilan kaya ako naman ngayon ang napangisi. I affect him, huh? “Are you…” my voice was soft, sweet, and gentle and it made him gulp. “… flirting with me…? Hmmm?” I asked before putting my right hand in his chest where I could feel his heart beating so fast which made me smirk at him even more.

He stared at me—gone his flirtatious smirk and it was me who’s now smirking. I have never been like this to any man other than him. This man is really an exemption, huh? The man who interrupted me at the zoo back then and I never expected to meet again. At first, I know that he isn’t ordinary but I didn’t look forward to seeing him again here in the magic world.

“But, yeah… you should be ready too, prince of fire because I will make sure to rock your world…” I said before I smiled at him sweetly and innocently which made him gulp again. Then I tiptoed while my free hand was still on his chest—feeling his fast beating heart—at inabot ng aking labi ang kaniyang tenga. “I’m going now, prince of fire… my baby is already waiting for me…” as I said that, lumayo ako sa kaniya but I noticed his face darkened.

Ano na naman ba?!

“Who’s that baby of yours?” Balik seryoso na naman siya at ewan ko ba pero parang nakaramdam ako ng galit sa kaniyang boses.

“Why?” Balik tanong ko pero umiling lamang siya at inirapan ako! Oo! Inirapan ako!

Pagkairap niya sa akin ay nilagpasan niya ako at tuloy-tuloy ng umalis na ikinailing ko na lamang. Walang-hiyang prinsepe na ‘yon! Pagkatapos akong harangin, lalagpasan lang ako! Attitude, huh? Attitude!

Ma-attitude ka talang Prinsepe ka!

“Oh, deities… sana bigyan niyo po siya ng kasintahan na mahaba ang pasensya…”

Nagpatuloy na lamang akong naglakad at balak kong magtungo kung na saan si Mimi. I miss her already and I wanted to give her and Nana a strawberries. I know that they might be busy right now ngunit sana lang ay walang silang ginagawa ngayon.

I headed to her office and knock on her door first and I was happy when it opened. Ibig sabihin lamang no’n ay na sa loob siya ng kaniyang opisina at wala siyang ginagawa o kaya naman ay may free time siya para makausap ako.

I went inside and I was smiling, especially, when I felt my mother’s embrace. Niyakap ko siya pabalik at naramdaman ko na lamang ang paghigpit ng kaniyang yakap. I was smiling from ear to ear but when she moved to see my face, I just lose my smile.

What… happened?

Nakita kong naiiyak si Mimi kaya nag-alala ako sa kaniya. “Mimi?” I was looking at her worriedly while she smile at me—a force smile.

“Are you okay?” She asked before coping my cheeks.

Sa klase ng tanong niya… sa klase ng tingin niya, tila may alam na siya sa nangyari. Napatitig ako kay Mimi and sigh before hugging her again and that’s when I noticed Nana and she was looking at me worriedly but she smiled at me softly and that’s also what I did.

“I’m fine, Mimi. You don’t have to worry about me…” I softly said but I just stilled because of what she said.

“Mula ngayon, anak, hindi na natin ipagsisiksikan pa ang ating mga sarili sa kanila…”

***

“Lars, sana magkasama pa rin tayo pagtapos ng ranking. Ayokong maghiwalay tayo,” sabi ni Gen habang naglalakad na kami papuntang arena.

Gaya nga ng inaasahan ko, nasermonan lang naman nila ako pero hindi ko pa sila nagawang pakinggan pa and that’s because of what Mimi told me. She doesn’t want me to get near to her twin sister and her family if they just keep on hurting my feelings. She told me that she was mad at them—at Queen Emerald but I told her that she doesn’t have to because I am fine.

Mimi was mad… she was mad because of what Queen Emerald told me and I admit that it hurts my feelings but I know that the queen didn’t mean what she said. But I know and I can’t deny that they are being aloof to me and I am not sure if they like me or not.

Everything is going to be fine, Lara…

Mabilis na lumipas ang mga araw at last day na ngayon ng ranking. Iniwan ko si Caelum kay Titiana at Merlia at hindi ko pa nasasabi kay Mimi at Nana na mayroon na akong anak. They are too busy lately that’s why I have to wait again until they are not that busy anymore.

Bigla ko namang naalala si Cressa at Ate Tale na hindi ko na muling nakita. Ito na ang huling araw ng ranking at malapit na silang bumalik sa kaniya-kaniya nilang realm. The academy was too big for me to be able to find them, also, baby Caelum was too clingy and doesn’t want me to go anywhere or else he’ll cry kaya nanatili lamang ako sa silid ko.

“Don’t worry too much, Genevieve,” I said before patting her back.

We’re wearing our white suits while our hair is both tied up. We’re both ready and a bit nervous because it’s our turn. Nang makarating na kami sa arena ay sakto namang start na kaya umupo na kami sa upuan namin after we good luck our co-members. I know that they are nervous too but I can see that they like the ranking right now.

“This is the last day of ranking and this is the day you were waiting for! The battle between Betas and Alphas!”

Loud screams can be heard and they are all excited. Nauna ang mga senior colleges sa amin at kahapon ‘yon naganap. Ang akala ko nga ay sila ang huli but it turns out that they requested to the headmaster and headmistress to go first na pinahintulutan naman ng Alphas at Betas.

“So, shall we start?!” Sumigaw naman ng ‘Yes’ ang mga estudyante at ramdam kong excited sila sa mangyayaring laban. “Alphas and Betas, please proceed to the battlefield now.”

We went to the battlefield and I can’t help but sigh. Nadaanan namin ang lugar kung saan naka-upo ang mga faculty members, at ang royalties and Gen and I look at our parents. Mimi and Nana are looking at me and mouthed good luck which made me smile at them sweetly before look in front of me. Nauna ang Alphas na makarating sa battlefield habang sumunod naman kami sa kanila.

Nang makarating na kami sa loob ay nagkaharapan ang Betas at Alphas. Malawak ang battlefield kaya malayo sila sa amin ngunit kitang-kita ko sila ng malinaw mula sa kinatatayuan namin. Gen and I are at the back while carefully watching our opponents. Nararamdaman ko namang kinakabahan ang mga kasamahan ko, pero ang iba ay matapang na hinarap ang Alphas. They are really determined to fight the Alphas kahit na alam naming imposible.

“Let the battle… BEGIN!”

The monsters that are considered high ranks appeared in the middle and there are a lot of them. As usual, pula ang mga mata ng mga halimaw na nandito ngayon at madami-dami sila na para bang gusto nilang patagalin ang laban namin. Alam kong ito ang pinaka-hinihintay ng lahat and I can already feel the tension.

The monsters made a frightening sound before they made their way to attack us that’s why we readied ourselves. I look at Gen and she also looks back at me before nodding at each other. We’re both ready and when every member of Betas already moved to kill these monsters, Gen and I also moved.

May bigla namang sumugod sa aking isang minotaur na galit na galit and it’s towering over me. Tumatakbo ito ng mabilis papunta sa akin kaya hinanda ko ang sarili ko para sa mainit na laban na ‘to.

This will be going to be blood, sweat, and tears!

***