"I just want to say that no matter what happens in the future, I hope that you two will pursue this relationship of yours and go through everything together"

She was encouraging us. I thought nobody would approve of us but I was wrong.

"Xichen and I had gone through so much before finally getting what we want. I learned that a relationship wasn't a relationship if we hadn't been where we were during those dark times"

She stood up and sat down kneeled down beside me.

"Arguements are common in a relationship but how we go through it together is the most important. Always remember that"

She patted my shoulder and got back to her pile. I looked to the shoulder she patted, for once in my live I finally feel good about myself.

_______________________________________

Qiangyin pov

"Mother, why are you so fond of Wei Ying ?"

Xichen poured some tea and slide it infront of me. I smiled at him, his duties has taken a toll on him. His shoulders were tense and his back was rigid, like a tree in a storm. His eyes had lost some of its glow but his smile was still there.

"Wei Ying's mother and I were sworn sisters. Now that she is gone and since he is in cloud recesses, I feel that it is only right for me to take him under my wing"

I imagined Cangse beside me, she would be smiling at me just as she always has.

'I hope I am doing the right thing for Wei Ying, Cangse. I really hope I am'

"He and Wangji had been very attached lately. Yuhuan had claimed seeing them together"

"Wangji had been very fond of Wei Ying since he was young, it's not a surprise if he is still now"

I still remember the first day Wei Ying was brought to cloud recesses. He was still so little, barely a week old but the gleam in his eyes said more. Wangji was very fond of him, he even played songs and brought him to play with his bunnies.

His tiny hands were constantly grasping the end Wangji's forehead ribbon and putting it in his mouth, making it all wet and sticky. But Wangji didn't mind a single bit.

"Xichen, there is something that had been bothering me for the longest of time"

He furrowed his eyebrows and motioned for me to continue. His warm eyes had grown more placid after all those years of stress but his smile always ease my worries for the tiniest of bit.

"It is regarding Wangji's engagement"

His posture became rigid, his smile dropping slightly at the corner of his lips. I took a few moments before continuing, not wanting to hit any of his buttons.

"I feel that we should not decide something as important as marriage for him. After all, we didn't do so for you and it would be unfair for him to not have a chance to spent his live with his love one"

I said gently, trying not to sound demanding.

"I don't wish that for Wangji too, but until we find a solution for the situation, Wangji's hand in marriage could only be used a a bargaining chip"

"But now Wangji and Wei Ying are--"

"Mother, I had been sending some of our men to spy on the fire tribe. So far, there had been no unusual activity but until then we could only wait"

He sounded so tired and defeated, the guilt in my heart became heavier. I was mentally scolding myself in my head.

'How could I be so insensitive to my son's sufferings. Of course, he is trying his best to to reverse the situation. Of course, he won't drag his brother down this messy situation'

"I am sorry"

I lowered my head down at him. I felt so guilty. What right did I have to criticize him? Other then tending to the outer disciples and helping out planning banquets, my role in here is only until here.

It can't even hold a candle to what Xichen faces everyday. Disagreement between the heavenly realms, rebellions happening here and there and negotiations that can save millions of lives. What right did I have to criticize the way he works?

Sure, I am his birth mother and had raised him to be who he is today but other than that, I practically contributed nothing to chaos that is happening outside the cloud recesses.

"Mother"

A gentle voice called from behind me. I was too absorbed into my own world to realise that the person in question had moved beside me.

I placed my hand above his and gave him an apologetic smile.

"I am sorry, Xichen. I shouldn't have criticized you. I know that you are currently in a tired situation right now. You are tired and stressed"

He shooked his head.

"Mother, you are just worried on Wangji's behalf. I will try my best on the situation. Wangji is after all my only brother and I won't let him suffer"

I moved to hugged him. Gently threading my hair through his long obsidian hair and inhaled his natural fresh river water scent.

I am relieved now, atleast there is still a chance for Wangji and Wei Ying.

_______________________________________

Wei Ying pov

It had been three days since Lan Zhan left. I keep finding myself lonely for the past few days. I would tag along with Yuhuan after finishing my class or visit Madame Lan.

I had learned new stiching techniques and had been taking time to practice it. I turned to the stack of embroidered handkerchief that I had under my bookshelf and next to it was a basket containing the different colour of silk thread that was given to me to practice with.

I looked down to the unfinished peony I had sewn with light gold and whitish silver. It reminded me of the aroogant peacock that would constantly visit shijie back at lotus pier.

Jin zixuan, that bastard bit be taking advantage of my absence on shijie. Or else, a thousand deaths won't be enough.

"Disciple Wei"

A knock came from the door. It was Lan Qi, my fellow classmate.

"Here"

"Master Lan and Zewu Jun wants us in the Yashi in their minutes. There is an important guest arriving in cloud recesses"

"I'll be there in a few minutes"

I abandoned my stiching work and walked towards the mirror. After adjustment my bangs a little, I was ready to go out.

Some disciples were still coming out there rooms, with messy hair and robes. No one was expecting this sudden meaning. After class, all disciples are allowed to do what they want which complies with the rules of course.

Most would be having their afternoon naps or hanging out in the training field.

I made my way to Yashi. Some disciples were already lined up. Zewu Jun and Master Lan were already there. After all the disciples had gathered, our guest was introduced.

"Lady of Eternal flame Palace, Qin Yang"