chapter 8

Wei wuxian pov

"Wei wuxian, how about I take you to Caiyi, if I am not wrong today is the snow festival and the village will be beautifully decorated with frost lanterns"

A-qing sat as we walked around cloud recesses. I really wanted to go but I am not sure if I can, I would need Lan Zhan's consent. All along the way, A-qing kept talking about how beautiful the village would be decorated which made the guilt on my shoulders heavier and heavier. Before it becomes unbearable, I told her that I would think about it and excused myself.

She pouted and huffed before turning around and walking to the other direction. Her leaf green robe seemed darker than before and her hair pin glittered as she disappeared around the corner. I turned back and continued walking. I wasn't looking and paying attention to where I was walking as I had bumped my head on a hard chest.

"Hey!!"

I looked up only to be greeted with honey golden eyes.

"Hanguang Jun"

I bowed while mentally deadpaning myself. Idiot, you're so screwed.

"Stand up"

I nod and stood up straighter than usual. My gaze was averted down, the only thing I saw was the the oak wood floor and pristine white robes that folded neatly against eachother. A jade hand came into view and beneath those slender jade fingers was a blue crystal jade token with a cloudy figure. An ombre blue to turquoise tassel hangs from the very bottom.

"Careful"

He handed me the token which I took a few seconds later. It glittered slightly in my hand and I looked up and smile.

"Thank you"

He nodded with a gentle smile slowly finding its way to his godly jade face. All of a sudden the cold and frigthening aura around seems friendly and more comfortable. It was alluring and I wanted for it to stay but knew that was impossible. With a final smile I turned around and speed-walk to A-qing's room. Running is prohibited in the cloud recesses.

I found A-qing at the entrance of the cold pond cave, she was reaching her hand to grab something from below the cold waters. It must be something very interesting as she was oblivious to my presence.

"What is it"

She let out a sharp yell which almost made me deaf. Her frigthen face morphed into one etched with irritation when she saw me.

"So, changed your mind"

"Yeah, let's go to the gate now"

I pulled her up and dragged her to the gate, she was spilling protests all along the way.

"Hey, are you crazy? We would be caught before being able to step a single toe outside of cloud recesses"

"Don't worry"

I showed her the blue crystal jade token. She gasped from behind before snatching it from my hand.

"Where did you get it ? Did you steal it ? You do know that there is heavy punishment if you got caught and I certainly won't be able to help if you did ?"

She kept blabbering on and on about how horrible the punishment would be if which made me slightly shiver from the thought of it. 300 strikes of the discipline cane, the last person who got hit was bedridden for a while year.

"I got it from Hanguang Jun"

A gasped was heard from her and she stopped walking. I turned around annoyed at her behaviour and gave her a 'what is it look'.