chapter 6

Lan Zhan pov

"Hanguang Jun, Zewu Jun would like to speak with you in the throne room"

"Mn"

My left index finger, stroke the guqin's gently, making it slow vibrate under my fingers. Inquiry had been repeating in my head, like a silent melody. I got up from the chair and walked out of the room to the throne room.

Brother and Yu huan smiled at me when I entered, I looked to my left and saw Huo Xuan, the god of fire and his daughter, Qin yan. She bowed shortly after her father bowed which I returned. The fiery red beads dangling from her pin made soft notice which resembles the cracklings of an open fire.

"Greetings, Hanguang Jun"

I nodded my head and turned towards my brother and his wife. Yu huan was smilling brightly at my brother, her hands were wrapped on his upper arm. My brother had his usual stern yet gentle look, his eyes was directed to the fire god and his daughter standing beside me.

"Fire god, your and lady Qin yang's arrival was abrupt, therefore Gusu Lan clan was unable to make some preparations to welcome you properly. We apologize"

A low thundering chuckle erupted from the immortal god next to me, he gently shooked his head before continuing.

"Zewu Jun, is being too polite"

My brother smiled.

"Wangji, why don't you take lady Qin Yang around cloud recesses as we both discuss down matters"

I nodded my head and walked out of the throne room with lady Qin Yang trailing behind me. I slowed down my pace so that she could match mine. We are slowly approaching the garden before she interrupted the silence.

"Hanguang Jun, how are you ?"

"Fine"

Some disciples bowed as they passed us, carrying stacks of scrolls and book. I heard a girl's laughter from the afar and turned. Loud noises are forbidden in cloud recesses, which disciples dares disobey it ? A female figure wearing green caught my eye, she was making wild gestures with her hand and sitting next to her was a familiar white figure with inky black hair.

Lady Qing seemed even happier with Wei Ying's presence, she was even laughing and crying out tears of joy. She had had some problems making friends since the very first day she came to study at cloud recesses. Her brother has grew worried about her, hence the frequent visits. All it tools was just one mortal for to be in this unruly state.

The corners of my lips slowly strecthed across my face.

"Who is that ?"

The smile vanish from my face, as if it was never there in the first place.

"One of our disciples"

"How come I have never seen him before"

"We received many different a types from all around the heavens every month, so it not a surprise if miss Qin Yang has never seen him before"

She was satisfied with the answer and finally stopped interrogating me. Lady Qin Yang was standing closer and closer to me while I looked at them. I didn't realize it until her hand was reached out to grab mine. Without thinking, I pulled my hand away, causing her to grab my sleeve instead of my hand. She immediately let go of it the very moment she held, probably hoping that I didn't know but I knew.

I walked her back to the throne room, she tried to to make some small talks to me on the way which I gave short replies to. I felt an uncomfortable tension the moment we entered the room but vanished after my footsteps stop resounding on the marbled floor.