chapter 5

Wei wuxian pov

"In the cold mountain of the northern regions where the hazy clouds would circle the the very top, lived a cultivator named, Lan An. He who had travelled to very corner of the world and had faced the  fiercest and gentleless of creatures, would always be righteous and had a clear conscience"

Lan Qiren, the god of the wind and the uncle to the respectful Zewu Jun and Hanguang Jun recited the story with pride. Behind him was the potrait of Lan An himself, a young man with long obsidian hair which flew gracefully in the wind and robes made from hazy greyish-white fabric which barely touched the grassy earth beneath him.

"Lan An had travelled all around the world before finally finding the love of his life. They two settle down had children"

A disciples behind me started snickering, they were disciples from other divine lands. The one with his hair tied in a high ponytail was especially annoying. His name was Jin zixun and he was the son of a very wealthy god which was also the reason why he had acted so arrogant in class, like he owned the world. I had tried my best to avoid most of the disciples at the lecture because all of them don't seem to know who I really am. They all think I am a disciple from another divine but they were far from the actual truth.

Lan Qiren gave them a death glare before, turning back towards Lan An's potrait.

"After his first born reached the early age of 300 hundred years old, he started teaching him all very basic of godly cultivation. It was when he was teaching his third son before he started realising how he could guide other beings and direct them to the correct path of life. He built the cloud recesses as a school for his disciples and slowly he started developing the entire northern area and thus Gusu was formed"

I listen in eagerness to his tale while everybody started dozing off. The Jin brat had finally quieted down and Lan Qiren seemed a bit more glad although he was sleeping. Class was dismissed after another half an hour. Just as I was about to leave the classroom o heard my name being called.

"Wei wuxian"

I turned around and saw Lan Qiren standing behind two big stack of scrolls. I knew what he wanted and went to carry the scrolls and return them back to the library pavillion.

I arranged all of them back in order on the top shelf. The Lans had always been particular about tidyness and cleanliness, it was even a rule to always keep yourself and your surroundings looking presentable.

As I was walking back to my room, my eyes caught a sight of a blue butterfly, fluttering around in the garden. Strange as the every day cold weather of Gusu usually uninvites any butterflies or any insects in any matter. I got so distracted that I didn't notice the girl dressed in green walking towards my direction. We collide against eachother, making our bodies fall at opposite sides.

"Oh, I am sorry"

I quickly got up and helped the lady up, she was hesitant for a moment before finally accepting. The girl's hair was held up with a simple green jade flower pin. It had three string of beads, dangling from the bottom of the jade flower. Her pastel green skirt imitated the fallen young leaves, her outer robe was a few shades darker.

She looked adorable and young with her big brown eyes. I release my hand from her arm when after she properly stand up. She dusted the invisible dust of her skirt before turning towards me. Her eyes holding a twinge of irritation.

"Next time, look where you're going"

She puffed out her cheeks like a child being refused candy. I bowed in apology before turning away to leave.

"Wait"

I turned around and looked at her, she looked like she needed something. Her fumbling thumbs were giving her away way to easily along with her constant wandering eyes.