05 - l'or

C H A P T E R 0 5

Draco

Surrounded by his ginger- and curly-haired friends, Harry beamed from across the courtyard. He was laughing again, Draco noticed. And he deserved it. From the moment the green-eyed boy had obtained the Golden Egg; everyone that had been against him had become his biggest fan. They'd all seemed to realize that Harry should've been mad for wanting to join the Tournament on purpose — the dragons had scared them all and had made them realize Harry would've never looked for such adventure himself. They all knew his past, and Draco'd also heard about what happened during Harry's prior years at Hogwarts from wandering gossip.

It was Sunday and Draco had left the girls behind in their carriage's common room. He had decided to go for a walk. A white scarf graced his neck upon a pale blue, thick knitted jumper and of course he was wearing one of his many hats again. He'd passed by a part of the Black Lake and Hagrid's little cabin to then return back to the castle itself and follow the natural path towards the clocktower courtyard. And it had been then that he had found Harry, talking to his friends as if no argument had ever happened. He'd felt betrayed at first, but quickly reminded himself that he'd been the one to actually end his friendship with Harry — which gave no right to feel any kind of jealously at all.

But Draco also knew that he somehow owed Harry something; he owed him for being such an idiot and not explaining his situation better. He had just abandoned Harry and let him roam the hallways of Hogwarts all by himself as the boy'd tried to figure out how to fight a dragon. Of course he had helped Harry in the end anyway, but Draco still felt like it wasn't enough; that he should help him again. And a little voice inside his mind dearly wanted to help him until the end; until this tormenting Tournament would finally be over.

And of course he did want to be friends with Harry again, even though he wasn't entirely sure if their friendship had ever even ended. Perhaps one could compare it to the small break-up Harry had with his best friends. Would the boy see it that way as well? For the first time in probably ever, Draco didn't have the courage to go over to the boy himself and ask.

As Draco was about to leave the courtyard, he suddenly heard Harry's voice call his name. The green-eyed boy had spotted him and with his Gryffindor bravery sparking up inside, he wouldn't let Draco just leave like that.

Draco turned to see that Harry's friends had gone quiet while throwing Draco confused glances. Harry on the other hand still smiled brightly and threw one end of his red and yellow scarf over his shoulder. The boy gestured for Draco to come over and Draco's feet obeyed without second thought.

'Draco! I haven't seen you around in a while,' Harry greeted, his smile still set.

Draco felt the four eyes of his friends upon him, still staring with mixed feelings — probably wondering when Harry had become so friendly with one of their rivaling schools' students. Of course they knew that Harry knew Draco, but had they any idea that the blond had helped their friend prepare for the first task? 'I-I have been busy. Taking classes, studying, looking after les filles...' Draco answered, biting his bottom lop.

Harry's emerald eyes stared into Draco's silvers and it made his heart skip a beat; something the boy had already done too many times. He gave Draco a nod and seemed to wait for more words Draco didn't have. Well maybe, he had, but he couldn't talk about it in the presence of his friends. 'Harry, can we talk for a second?'

'Well, aren't we talking right now?'

'In private, perhaps?' Draco took a quick glance at Ron and Hermione, who looked back with suspicion still visible in their eyes.