Page 1

Hey. I'm Phoebe Gray and I'm 18. My younger sister Katherine is 16 and the most famous person on TikTok. She's always been called the prettier sister and our parents buy her everything she wants, but I don't even get money to order food. We live in San Diego and Katherine goes to school there while I do online school. Katherine and I are a part of the Hype House where everyone makes TikToks, but no one wants to make any with me. We were taking an Uber to the Hype House today and it was the afternoon when we had finished our schooling. Katherine went live and showed both of us.

"I'm prettier than Phoebe? Thanks," she smiled, not thinking at all about how I felt. I looked away and out the window as we neared the house. Chase held the door open for Katherine, but let it close on me. No one said anything and all ran to Katherine, hugging her. I slowly sat on the couch, scrolling through my phone.

"Here, Katherine, let's do this," Ondreaz pulled her to do a dance.

"Now this," Addison said.

"This would be fun," Tony played one. I made one in the corner by myself and got 2.8M likes on it with 29.6K comments. I just scrolled through all the hate with people telling me to delete TikTok, and stopped at one.

imgriffinjohnson: qt💖

I liked it and check his account out. I had heard of Griffin, but never really took time to check him out. I followed him and he DMed me through TikTok.

G: Hey, I'm Griffin. Wanna come over and make a TikTok?

Me: Sure :)

He sent me an address and no one saw me leave. I got to Sway and Bryce Hall opened the door.

"Pheobe, right?" He asked.

"Yeah," I smiled.

"Griffin! She's here!" He yelled and let me in. Griffin came up the stairs and soon all the boys came up.

"I'm Griffin, this is Bryce, Anthony, Quinton, Josh, Jaden, and Kio," Griffin introduced. And that was the start of a great friendship.

1 Month Later

"Mom, I'm going to the Hype House with Phoebe," Katherine said.

"Alright. Have fun, Katherine," mom gave her a kiss on the forehead and sent us out. Obviously I was ignored once I got there. Chase and Katherine had started dating and hadn't told the public yet.

"Should we invite Sway over for fun?" Thomas asked Nick and Ryland who nodded. Sway and Hype didn't get along well and I knew it would be awkward between them again. Thomas invited them and the boys agreed to come over. A few minutes passed and there wasn't even a knock on the door before Sway walked in. I had my phone set on a ring light and was checking something when Bryce slammed the front door open.

"What is up?" He yelled and the Hype House members laughed. It wasn't going as bad as I thought it would.

"Hi-" Katherine started to say to them, but they walked past her and to me. Bryce picked me up from behind and I wasn't prepared.

"Bryce!" I screamed and he threw me. Griffin caught me and laughed.

"So-"

"Don't be a wimp," Bryce told me and the look on Katherine's face showed that she wasn't used to being ignored and hated it. She pulled me aside and whispered to me.

"If you don't get out of here right now, I'm telling mom and dad a lie about you and you'll get in trouble."

"Fine," I sighed. "I-I'm heading out," I told everyone.

"Uh, I think not!" Jaden pulled me back and away from the door.

"Yeah. Just... let me."

"It's alright," Katherine smiled, trying to get me to leave.

"No," Griffin simply stated.

"Just let her leave! Oh, my God! Stop obsessing over her!"

"Thanks for inviting us, but if she doesn't get to stay, we don't either," Kio said and he and Quinton crossed their arms, taking my side.

"Fine, she can stay," Katherine gave in. I knew she just wanted to make more friends so they wouldn't notice me. The Sway boys took up two couches and the Hype House took the floor and the third couch. "Oh, look, Phoebe's probably upset since she has to sit on the ground but I don't." Katherine always mocked me and it got annoying. She was sitting with Chase and a couple others. I sat on Griffin's lap and he put his arm around my waist, making sure I wouldn't fall. I wrapped my left arm around his neck and played with his right hand with mine. Katherine glared at me before she was introduced to the boys.

"Okay, we're gonna head out," Bryce said after the introductions were done and a few TikToks were made.

"Okay, bye," Katherine waved to them, acting sweet.

"Uh... Phoebe. Do you wanna come with us?"

"We can drop you home after," Quin shrugged.

"Yeah. Sure," I walked to them and only Katherine noticed.

"That bitch is your sister?" Kio asked me with a hint of anger in his voice. He was sweet and got mad when someone was mean to his friends.

"I feel so bad for you," Josh stated and I nodded. We Ubered to Sway and some of the boys played video games.

"Griffin! I'm bored!" I groaned and jumped onto his bed, laying on my stomach and watching him. He was gaming and was telling me to be quiet since he couldn't hear anything on the headphones. Obviously this 21-year-old with the mind of a kid was playing Fortnite.

"What do you expect me to do, Phoebe?" He asked.

"Stop playing video games and watch a movie with me." He set his controller and headphones down and tackled me onto the bed.

"What are we watching?" He sat against the board and looked through Netflix.

"Extraction," I said and we played it. I ended up Ubering home and mom and dad were waiting for me.