Chapter 7 - Trustworthy Guitar

Nagisa hummed to himself an off-tune song as he swung his legs back and forth on his teacher's chair behind his teacher's desk as he marked a few pages of his student's homework. They were reluctantly finishing the work, but they are doing it, which made Nagisa quite the happiest teacher on Earth. It was break time, Nagisa's least favorite time of the school day. Why? Because even though it's his break, he has to continuously work nonstop and his students wouldn't let him.

     "Shiota-Sensei!" Akio had bursted into the room.

     "What is it this time?" Nagisa groaned. He was going to get no work done if he kept on getting interrupted. Even Rikka knew better. "Oh, and I'm not giving love advice anymore, if that's what you're wondering."

     "No, that's not it. A person wants to see you. So I escorted them here!" Akio had proudly.

     "I hope it's not another one of your girl admirers." Nagisa sighed nonchalantly, not bothering to look up from his student's papers that he was marking. "No, in fact, he's not a girl." Akio said. "Please don't tell me even boys are interested in you." Nagisa mumbled. "No, it's not a boy. It's a teacher."

     "Oh my goodness! Akio-san, do you want me to call the police? Pedophiles shouldn't be allowed in this school-"

     Nagisa's words were cut off as he looked up at Akio and the redhead standing beside him. "Oh, it's you, Akabane-Sensei."

     "What do you mean 'oh, it's you'." Karma frowned unpleasantly. "Shouldn't you have a status for me?"

    "Yes. You do have a status. But right now, can you not bother me? I need to finish marking, or else I'm dead meat." Nagisa spat. "You can mark the papers after school!" Karma whined. "I'm surprised that you have so much free time at your hands. What do you even teach your students?" Nagisa sighed.

     "Study hall?"

     "Are you serious? You're teaching Class 3-1, the smartest bunch of kids and all you're going to do for them is a study hall?" Nagisa frowned, scribbling down a 50% on one of his student's papers. "There's nothing else to teach them though!" Karma complained, stepping inside the classroom and closing the door behind him. "There's ought to be something. As a teacher, I find it very conspicuous that you, as a teacher, are not doing your best to help your students." Nagisa shot back.

     "But Shiota-Sensei... those kids even know college stuff!"

     "Then teach them university stuff." Nagisa said, scribbling some notes onto the papers. "Shiota-Sensei, you've got to be kidding me." Karma frowned.

     "I'm not, really. Go play with Akio or something. I'm busy right now. We can talk after school," Nagisa advised, going back to his work. "Really?" Karma's eyes lit up with glee. "Yes. Now shoo shoo, I'm busy." Nagisa grinned, gesturing them to leave.  "Yes, Sir!" Karma had cheerfully cheered as he ran out.

     "Shiota-Sensei, have a good day." Akio had bowed before running out.

     Finally... some peace.... Nagisa felt himself dozing off as he stared up at the ceiling while leaning back in his seat.

*****

     "Shiota-Sensei?"

     Nagisa's eyes fluttered open as he felt a cold soft substance (finger) poking against his cheeks. It instantly woke him up, like a frigid cold bucket of water penetrating at his skin. "Huh?" Panic flooded through his brain as he noticed the hands on the nearby clock of the classroom had pointed to five o'clock afternoon. "Gah! How long was I asleep for?" Nagisa gasped, all his drowsiness had dissipated to nothingness.