Chapter 25 - Baseball Geek

The sound of water had drizzled in the apartment. It wasn't too loud or too soft; just right. Such a small sound was comforting, and enveloped the house in a cozy atmosphere. Perhaps, it was because of the steam, but the room was warm and unfaltering.

Nagisa poured the water from a kettle into a cup that contained a small tea bag. When he finished pouring the water, he set the kettle aside and mixed the hot drink.

As the hot temperature soothed to a lukewarm one, the liquid drowned itself in a color of grass green.

Picking up the cup by its handle, Nagisa took a sip. His lips dropped onto the surface of the water like the wings of a dragonfly. It was soft and slow, but exempted from ridicule. In other words, his posture was perfect. If Karma was there at the moment, he would've groveled at how amazing his lover looked-

Knock knock knock

Speaking of the devil, here he comes!

Nagisa settled the cup of tea on the table with a soft clank. He unhurriedly walked to the door, opening it. "Karma, there you are. What took you so long-"

He felt like the words were drained out of his mouth as Nagisa stood there shocked and wide-eyed.

Karma stood in front of him. He carried a suitcase underneath one shoulder, while a backpack on his sturdy back. Using his free hand to push up his hair from his forehead, Karma revealed an appealing smile. "Yo, Nagisa. I kept you waiting, didn't I?"

"Karma..." Nagisa stood there stupefied. "Weren't you only coming over for some... tea?"

Seeing his shocked face, Karma felt his spirit brightening by the second. "Nope!"

"But..." Nagisa closed his stunned-open jaw. "That's what you told me." He fiddled around for his phone, then showing it to Karma. On the screen were their recent text messages.

Karma scanned it, then smiled. "Ah, yes. I did tell you that."

"Then..." Nagisa nudged towards the suitcase. "What is your... luggage for?"

An eccentric idea popped in Karma's head as he smirked. "It's to stuff you inside, so I can kidnap you back to my home. That way, I'll have fun with you all the night..." Hearing those perverted words, Nagisa not only felt shy, he felt a rush of cold. He couldn't imagine how Karma would treat him...

Holding a fist underneath his chin, Nagisa coughed twice. "Stop joking around, Karma."

Seeing that his words didn't play the effect he wanted on Nagisa, Karma frowned. "Fine... I came over to move in." He then spoke in a barely audible volume. "Even though that's what the wife does. It's supposed to be Nagisa moving into my house... not the other way around..."

Thankfully, Nagisa didn't hear him. "Hmm? Karma, what did you say?"

"Nothing." Karma shut his mouth.

"Then..." Nagisa began. "I'll help you move in. Although I can't guarantee that you'll get used to this..."

"That's fine!" Karma interrupted. "As long as Nagisa is here, I'll be okay!"

An undeniably red blush crept onto Nagisa's face. Before Karma could get an eyeful, Nagisa hurriedly ran off. "What are you saying..." He mumbled to himself when running away.

A smile bloomed on Karma's face. There it was! Nagisa's embarrassed face!

Nonchalantly, he sauntered inside the house while carrying his luggage inside. Nagisa helped him unpack, and settled him down into a small guest room. Like Nagisa had reminded, Karma really did not get used to the room. No matter how many times he told himself it was fine, he would always frown at the small room.