Part V: Emilia

© 2014 XxNotTonightXx.

All Rights Reserved

Author's Note: Please vote and comment, it helps. 

Pages: 19 - 21

E M I L I A - 

I have never felt more content, more tranquil than I do in this very moment. A luxurious smell floods my nostrils some time ago and I don't know how but my pillow seems to have transformed into the utmost perfection, giving just enough firmness needed and enough softness to leave me transfixed.

That is how I know something is wrong. It hits me like an epiphany, making my light sheets feel like bricks ten times their original size. When have I ever been left transfixed?

Never, that's when. I don't get happy, I don't get giddy, I don't feel tranquil. I run a pack for Christ sake. Opening my eyes lazily, I blink and the blurriness disappears, but not the tanned, sun-kissed half body lying underneath me.

Blinking repeatedly, I see the half broad chest and flexed, muscular arm tucked under my mate's head; even his armpit hair taunts me, causing things in me to clench. Wandering down, his bow and arrow tattoo glistens under the sunlight peeking from my curtains.

 Looking up at him and then at my hand on his chest, I curse feeling so tranquil and admire him quickly. His lips are still chapped, but the way they are left slightly agape nevertheless dares me to kiss him. Loud, boisterous snores fill the air and to me it sounds like the perfect lullaby. His eyes are peacefully closed and he looks as I feel, tranquilized. I feel every harsh intake of breath he takes and the relieving exhale and it hits me: I am in love. But just like that I snap out of it.

I don't have time to gaze at my mate no matter how at home I feel; things in the pack will always need to be fixed and I will always have to fix them.  

 Slipping from underneath the sheets, I carefully tip toe to my side of the room and take out a shirt and thick tights to go with my sneakers.

Heading into the shower, I look back at Tom, who's snoring softer now, his hands wandering around for me. Smiling, I close the bathroom door, trying to shake the lovey dovey feeling off of me. Alpha's shouldn't be able to feel like this.

.

.

.

  Squinting past the eerie mist I find myself hurriedly putting on my clothes. The part of me that doesn't want to admit the truth is saying the only reason I'm hurrying up is to start my Alpha duties and run my pack. The truth, however, is that I miss looking at my mate.

  His succulent lips, muscular physique and alluring voice are enough to make my insides coil in need for a desperate release that I am not going to allow myself to allow him to give me. This feeling is so new and so demanding. I constantly want to do everything that I never thought about doing before. It's like an urge every time my mind wanders to him - it's a hot surge of craving that leaves me panting. My wolf yells at me, barks at me for not tearing off his clothes and leaving the pack to Annabelle.

  Brushing the thoughts off, I breathe in shakily before walking out the bathroom, only to find the bed empty.

Sniffing the air, I follow the captivating smell that leads me out my room, down my stairs, into my office and out and into the kitchen where Tom stands shirtless, his hair in all different directions and his eyes focused on the oven. His tongue takes its place on the right of his top lip, heavily reminding me of what I wouldn't allow myself to do to him.  His tattoo continues to taunt me.