Part XIV: Tom

© 2014 XxNotTonightXx.

All Rights Reserved

Author's Note: Please vote and comment, it helps.

Pages: 56 - 58

T O M -

She loves me, then she says she isn't good enough for me or she doesn't deserve me and then she's back to loving me whilst secretly hurting and confusing me.

She needs to get the fuck over herself. Not only am I a man, but I will not allow her, someone who's supposed to be fated to love me, to bring me up only to drop me when it's a matter of her convenience.

I'm not disposable and no matter what happens with us she will always let her past and pack overrule her present. Quite frankly, that doesn't sit well with me and I won't keep hoping that she'll change for us.

Walking back into the diner, Jace looks up at me and surprise is written all over his face. I, like him, thought today would be the day we'd make up, but after her confession about her not being good enough for me, I've decided that if she's already given up on us, then there's no point in me trying.

"Back so early? I expected you to come back hours from now with an easy-going smile on your face." Jessica says with that look she always gives me.

The one that says, 'I want to know all of your secrets.'

"Yes, I'm back, but I'll be leaving in thirty minutes to an hour." I answer curtly before going to my station and completing some orders.

"Kevin." I call out.

Kevin - he's joking and laughing and I've even met his four kids. Three girls and one little boy. He looks at them in wonder, and every time any of them laughs his face lights up in happiness.

I want that. I want a family. It's funny, because before Emilia I have never considered kids. But now, a family is a fairytale I crave for. A family and an Emilia with no attachments of her past is a box in a closet that I'm desperately trying to open but can't. I've been given a key that fits, just not completely.

"Hey, I didn't think you'd come back today." Kevin says.

"Yeah. How was it when you and your mate found each other?" I ask without thinking.

"Honestly?" Kevin asks.

"Honestly."

"Well, it was amazing. She was fresh out of high school and I was already working and on my own. Her father brought her car to a carshop across the street from the bank I was working in. When her car was fixed, she came to get it and I smelled her from across the street. She moved in, and we had our first daughter a year later. That was six years ago." Kevin says, all smiles.

"And how is it now?" I ask

"Now?" Kevin says his grin even wider, "Now she's pregnant with our fifth baby."

"Wow." I say in astonishment.

Of course I'm happy for him, because not only is he an owner of a diner but having his fifth child in six years. It's been a good month since I met Emilia and we are no where near babymaking. Not that I expect us to be.

"But you have to understand, my mate has both of her parents. Alpha Emilia only had one, and she's dead. My mate is a teacher, and your mate's running an entire pack. Our relationships are different, which means different paces." Kevin says and I nod in agreement.

It doesn't change the fact that she's hurt me more than ever, now that I know she's given up on us before we even really began.

"Kevin, I need a really big favor." I tell him.