Chapter 29: Another Day

Chapter 29

----------------------

Another Day

Lettvind held Ari's delicate hand, looking deep into her purple eyes. "So you've found it?" he asked in his smooth voice. She shifted on the bed, her arms stretching around Letty. She dug her head into his chest as he cradled her. "Shut up already," she whispered. He kissed her forehead as if she were just a child and worked his way through her black tresses. Ari was sick of his constant worrying about the Empire, how they would overcome its tight grip.

"Stop that," Ari said as she shook her head to get him off. He laughed playfully when she settled down again. With one swift movement, Malekith's son slipped the device into his hand. "No," she yawned. Her hand came to rest on the black device and tried turning it off, forcing it into the blankets harshly. "Can't you just relax for once? It's so unhealthy to catch up with the Empire at this time of night," Ari whined while sternly looking him in the eyes.

Ari's black hair fanned out on the rough pillow and tickled Lettvind's nose. His silky grey skin rippled with goosebumps as he backed up. "Sleep. You can't fight the Empire when you're sleepy," Ari said before turning around. Her silky hair pulled away from Lettvind as she went away from him. When she hid under the blankets and dug her head into the pillow, Lettvind noticed that she was right.

For now, sleeping was the key to success. He didn't care whether is was now, 10 minutes from now, or even years away. He just needed his sleep.

However, he thought about the previous weeks. Those terrifying, action-packed, life changing weeks that made him realize what he was to do. What was right, what was wrong- it was an indifference to the group of Dark Elves. Now, they saw what was lies and what was the truth.

No more hiding and no more procrastinating, no more of this illusion of a government. Lettvind saw past their concrete walls of orations and assuring actions. What they called the truth, others called a war.

This was no longer a drop of blood that would seep down into the soil of young minds; this was a shower of wasted lives. We will end this, Alflyse, Lettvind thought to himself while his hand tightly gripped the blankets.