Chapter 22: Choices

Chapter 22

------------------------

Choices

Solv sat next to Ari, caressing her horns, not even knowing about what happened the day when Ari had fell in love with Lettvind. She told Drepe, but other than that, she kept it a complete secret. But now, that did not matter.

Ari knew that she had been taken to Svartalfheim for a reason, not to be pampered and sit around like a obese bilgesnipe. Although, she had to admit, she would much rather sitting with her beloved elves than her greedy Jotun family. On the bright side, Solv was not as flirty, but he was a bit on the lovey side. She didn't care, anyways.

Narfi had sat down on the floor, his face positioned in one of fear and loneliness. Nothing was ever going to happen, but Drepe apparently had different plans. The tough Dark Elf shot up and snarled, his surprisingly white teeth gleaming orange in the fire light. "I am sick of this! Are we ever going to do something about this? About the way we live? This is making me go mad, you blonde potato!" he screamed at Lettvind, his eyes burning brown. At that moment, he seemed like a fire-breathing dragon from Golgina; his fire spreading a hateful alarm through the small village of lazy farmers, filling them with a confusing fear.

Lettvind opened his mouth to speak, but Drepe cut him off. "No, you don't deserve to talk. You know why? You don't deserve to talk because you're probably going to offer us another useless Ghandari fruit and congratulate everybody for escaping Jotunheim. You're so stuck on the past that you don't even pay attention to who's suffering today! People not even 100 feet outside of our houses are dying, and you're just going to completely ignore it?"

"Drepe, I know it's tempting to go outside and kill everybody who threatens our race, but I think it's better to just stay in here. This place is safe, and I don't think you see the importance of having a safe place to relax and enjoy what we already have," Lettvind said, gathering two glasses of Ghandari fruit wine and handing it to the spastic elf. However, he knocked out out of his hand, letting the green liquid spill over the concrete floor. "Drepe!"

"That's just where you're wrong! That's the complete opposite of safety! Relaxing inside of this bunker is a choice that only a victim of Hel would enjoy, not a wise Drow like you. Well, first of all, the Storm Giant, Thiassi, has just learned of our location and next time, he'll be back with an army. Speaking with armies, which is my second reason for why its stupid to stay here, the Queen, Prince, or General will find out of us miraculously 'disappearing'!"

"What's you're point? Are you suggesting that I move out?"

"What I'm saying is, if you still want to live here with your precious Jotun princess, we have to do something about all of this. The Jotuns are easy to escape, but the Svartalfheim Empire is something that is not ignorable. They know where we live, who we are, and what we do. We need to either remove that information, or completely just remove the royal family entirely." Lettvind laughed, nearly dropping the glass from his hand. Wine leaked from the corners of his smiling mouth, each drop dripping onto the couch, splashing down the leather material. His short, wavy hair bowed over his face as he fell onto the furniture, his laughter overwhelming his thoughts. Between giggles, he managed to laugh, "Y-y-y-you're kidding, r-right?" Drepe growled in anger, showing that he was welling up with a deadly rage. Although, instead of letting his hateful melee escape, he painfully smacked Lettvind, a red handprint spreading from under his eye to his chin. After that, the laughing stopped.

"What is wrong with you? You actually thought I would take you seriously? You're a complete idiot, a fool in denial that constantly tries to win back what was never gained in the first place. This is the closest we'll ever get to freedom, and you're aiming for us to lose it all over some battle that we'll never win. The Empire is not easily tampered with."