(Mini) Chapter 13: Love

(A/N: This is just a mini chapter, so don't expect any seriously big surprises.)

Chapter 13

----------------------------

Love

They tried to make the kiss as long as they could, but their lips quickly got tired. "Solv, my love, you're such a wonderful person. I wish we could spend the rest of our lives together, away from the foul grip of the Jotunheim monarchs or unwanted guests that pillage our lives like jewelry being stolen from a jeweler," Ari said between kissing. She knew that what she was saying is nonsense, but she said it for the sake of freedom. She said it because she could, but it was not entirely true. There were at least 5 other men that she would rather go out with than Solv, but she savored the moment anyways.

As they recovered and their confessions came to an end, their lips met once again for a longer period of time. She softly grasped his two beautiful, pointed ears to emphasize the romance. Solv made Ari sit up with him, and they never seemed to part.

Then, the dressing room door creaked open. Lettvind's pale face appeared from the darkness and asked, "Ari, may I please have a glass of water? My throat is as dry as Muspelheim." He gasped at the sight of Solv and Ari. They looked over at him and did the same, Ari's ruby eyes lighting up in an orangish color. "Lettvind, I'll get it soon, alright?"

He was still penalized in shock, his skin starting to crawl with amazement and disgust. Now she felt as if she truly betrayed Lettvind by kissing his best friend. "Why, Ari?" he whispered, Lettvind's handsome voice cracking a little. His blue eyes seemed to drain to a faded blue which made it look like a star upon his saddened face. He disappeared back in the dressing room, his head partly hitting the door as he closed it.

"Poor lad, he's probably jealous. He's such a drama queen! All it is is a tiny bit of kissing," Solv snickered. She pushed him away seeing the true jerk of him. "Goodnight, Algrimson." They both settled in bed next to each other, their backs facing towards one another.