xiii. the deer hunters ( 𝘱𝘵. 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦 )

𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗗𝗘𝗘𝗥 𝗛𝗨𝗡𝗧𝗘𝗥𝗦(𝘱 𝘢 𝘳 𝘵  𝘵 𝘩 𝘳 𝘦 𝘦)

𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗗𝗘𝗘𝗥 𝗛𝗨𝗡𝗧𝗘𝗥𝗦
(𝘱 𝘢 𝘳 𝘵 𝘵 𝘩 𝘳 𝘦 𝘦)

"I'm sorry." The voice of Rory sounds three minutes after the test had started. She quickly huddles to her seat.

"Miss Gilmore, you're gonna have to wait in the library."

"What about the test?"

"You've missed the test. We start the class at 8:05. That's when I need people in their seats. — I'm sorry. It's the rules."

"But you don't understand. I was up all night studying, and then I missed my bus. So I had to drive."

"Let's discuss this outside."

"So, I'm driving, I stop and I get hit by a deer."

"You hit a deer?"

"No, I got hit BY a deer. You don't believe me? I've got antler prints on the side of my mother's car."

"She's gonna be really mad at you." Lauren whispers.

"Shut up Lauren," Rory hisses,"You have to let me take this test. I know everything about Shakespeare."

"Okay, okay you need to calm down."

"I know his birthday, his mother's name..." Rory rambles.

"Loser." Paris whispers to Louise.

"Says the stalker." Lauren scoffs, receiving a glare from Paris

"Just what is wrong with you, huh?!" Rory snaps turning to Paris, "You already have everything! You have the grades and the status! What is wrong with you that you have this constant need to be the biggest jerk in the world?"

"Okay let's go."

"Huh? What's up?" Rory continues raising her voice, "What's up, quippy? Why so silent?"

"Outside — Now."

"And for the last time, the name is Rory!" Rory yells at Tristan.

°°°

"Rory, what happened?" Lorelai exlaims running towards the bench.

"I got hit by a deer." Rory blurts out.

"You got what?"