2 - Awakening

"A-Aria... What are you talking about?" Aria's father, Cain Schreiner was perplexed at his daughter's sudden change.

As far as he was concerned, their princess wouldn't act this way. She was a proud woman people deemed to be undeserving of her position as the Schreiner's daughter. She was overbearing, but her accomplishments were close to none, even when she hit 18 years old.

Nevertheless, the Schreiners still pampered and loved her like the princess she was, even if it brought quite the bad reputation to their family name.

Even so, Aria's current state... was quite out of the box. Aria, as per mentioned before, was a proud woman. She wouldn't show herself in this flimsy attire even if she was excited beyond anything.

"Hailey!" Aria's mother, Natalia Schreiner cued the loyal servant to prepare Aria properly.

Aria was then dragged away unwillingly by Hailey, who possessed unexpected strength behind her petite body.

"No- Wait! Noooo~" Aria was too excited and resigned to her fate after she thought about her wrong deeds. She was clearly in the wrong here. Un, she should relent. She hung her head low while still being dragged because she didn't want to move.

Still... I can't believe this! Father, mother, and brother was still there! Even Hailey! All of them are safe and intact! I... I'm super happy!!

Aria's face quickly brightened up as she hummed a song, adrenaline and excitement still coursing through her body.

"Aria... What happened to our princess...?" This time it was Aria's brother, Julius Schreiner's turn to speak up. The whole family was confused, but they quickly shrugged it off as a mood swing. Aria wasn't exactly the most stable person in regards to emotions.

However, they did not expect to be greeted with the sight of a young lady charging with the force of a bull, heading straight into the nearest personnel at full speed.

"Aria? Did someone bully you? Are you hurt? Quickly tell brother, hmm?" Julius was panicking as his sister latched on to him like a koala, hugging him tight and not letting go. He could only resign and slowly caress her hair.

"I'm sorry... I'm an adult now, I'll listen to everyone's advice!" Aria's eyes almost pooled with tears as she thought about how she ignored all of the advices her family had given her, going so far to accuse them of trying to block her future.

"Calm down, calm down. Everything will be fine. We forgive you alright? We have never felt like you were in the wrong,"

"Julius is correct. You are undoubtedly our precious princess, this will never change," Cain Schreiner added.

This kind of family... How did I become so foolish as to distance from such a loving bunch?

Aria decided to end her melancholy and settle down. She had to began her preparations from now on. Her wishes were simple, yet seemed impossible.

First, to retain her good life, including her family.

Second, to destroy Noir the way they did to her. Slow, but painful and full of despair.

Aria's eyes narrowed as she began concocting plans. First of all, she definitely had to awaken her ability.

I have around 2 years left until the invasion... Growing my powers without opponents would be impossible.

Without monsters or enemies to face, the growth would never be comparable to when she faced strong individuals.

However, she had a tremendous benefit. Not only did she know who her opponents are, she also knew their abilities and future Mains.