50 | Unresolved

50

Unresolved

"Anong ginagawa mo rito?" in a cold tone, my mom voiced out what I wanted to say.

"Renee.."

"Don't you dare call me by that name." banta nito sa kausap.

He sighed, "Laurene."

In front of us, stood the man who left us. I've never imagined that the man who I once thought the perfect man in our life would also be the man who will break our hearts. It has been a long time since he left us and now he's here? Ang kapal din naman ng mukha niyang magpakita.

Sa mga panahong wala siya, ni isang tawag o text man lang ay wala kaming natanggap na kahit ano sa kaniya. Even the mere greetings on our birthday, wala. Ganoon na lang niya kami binura sa buhay niya. Tapos ngayon lilitaw na lang siya na parang walang nangyari.

"Anong kailangan mo? Kung wala, umalis ka na rito. You're not welcome here." 

Just a cue, he lift up the plastic bag he's holding. He showed it to my mom like a prize or something worth looking. "I brought you something. I noticed how much you lose weight the last time we met."

My mom stared at it as if it's something that doesn't belong to this world. "Are you serious? Leave me alone." isasara na niya ang pinto nang pinigilan ito ng kaniyang kausap.

They've met before? When? How?

"Come on, Ren- Laurene. Just take it."

She sighed but still accepted it. "Now, leave." she again tried to close the door but failed miserably. "What? Do you still have anything to say? Sabihin mo na para makaalis ka na." she said, obviously annoyed.

"Can I at least go inside so we could talk properly?"

"I'll give you five minutes." she opened the door and walked towards the sofa. Pumasok na nang tuluyan ang aking ama at sumunod kay mommy.

Umupo siya sa katapat nitong sofa habang ako ay nakatayo lamang sa gilid nila. "Really, mom? You're willing to talk to him? After all he's done?"

"First of all, how are you?"

Really? The audacity for you to ask that!

"As you can see, I'm still alive."

"Laurene, Ruhee's been gone for some quite time now. Alam kong masakit pa rin sa'yo ang nangyari pero 'wag mo naman pabayaan ang sarili mo."

My mom snickered at that, "How will you know? You never showed up in her memorial service."

"I was there, but that's not the point here. Kumakain ka pa ba sa tamang oras?"

"That's out of your concern. Yan lang ba ang gusto mong pag-usapan natin? If my appearance shakes that little conscience of yours, then don't even bother. I can manage on my own."

He sighed. "You know I loved you, right? I did everything I could so you would love me back but I failed. You still love that man."