Chapter 39: No Friend of Mine

Start bij het begin

   My fear of hating Peach has just begun. It has caused me pure utter anxiety. And I don't even know how to handle it. It's extremely crazy and I'm not sure if not being friends with Peach is right. Under it all...she's still my friend. We been friends since fifth grade. And I'm not about to lose this great friendship.

    But she's not your friend. It's all a fantasy of what you want isn't true, my subconscious mind said.

Sometimes I'd wish she'd shut up.

      How I see it with Peach is we have this friendship that is so strong. Or so we did. And this friendship just meant the world to me the second I have met her. It was fifth grade. She had just moved to Santa Monica. She was already eleven I was going on eleven. And that was the strongest friendship I had. Her wearing a pink dress, she had her hair tied with pink ribbons. And we were inseparable since. How am I to leave her so soon? We've been the best of friends since. But it's not like Mandy and Victoria are forcing me to cut Peach out of my life. It's me. My better judgement is.

Just cut to it, my subconscious mind scolded me.

"Peach," I started, feeling nervous to let the words spill from my voice. "You know it was pretty messed up what you did."

She sighs in regret that sounded how terrible she must have felt. She turned facing me.

"I know it was. And I'm just sorry. I know I've told you a hundred times. But Em, I really am sorry. We're best friends. And I love having you as my friend. I'd be lost with you." I could hear the sarcasm hiding in her voice.

What a bad actress, I thought to myself.

"Yeah, but after you apologized you went to Australia and ignored me all summer." I reminded her.

"I did that because I was angry still. I felt like I shouldn't have apologized. Like what I did was right. But then I felt awful afterwards. I was contemplating. But also because my parents kept me busy while we were by the ocean." She said.

Was this how she thought I would ignore the stupid crap she had done to me? How is this even helping? She humiliated me at Christopher's party. She threw water on me and she took off my locket and flirted with Christopher in front of me. Does she not get how crazy it is? I know she likes him as much as I do. But she can't just act crazy like that. I mean I did forgive her and she repays me by ignoring me all summer.

"Is that your excuse?" I complained, seeing her turn her head away.

"I guess it is." She cringed. "But I can't think of what else to say. It's just the truth."

"No, it's not. Because unfortunately Christopher told me about you. About what you did." I started to say and she had the most confused face on.

"What exactly is that?" She asked, folding her arms.

"On the day of the game you didn't just confront me. You also confronted Christopher. You encouraged him to end things with me. Your the reason he ended things with me. And you didn't do it because you cared. You did it because your jealous of me. Your jealous because you have this crazy crush on my stepbrother. And how could you do that to me? I trusted you, Peach. Your my best friend. But I guess your no friend of mine." I rambled, seeing her remain silent until a strange sinister smile was on her face. "You think this is funny huh?"

"You are just so delusion, Emma. Christopher is just trying to end our friendship. I would never do that. He's always hated us being close. He's trying to control and manipulate you. I've never would do that." She said, with fake honesty in her voice.