prologue

tw ⚠️ jin ling's mind goes to a very dark place. please feel free to dm me if you need specifics!

jin ling

        he was ready.

        jin ling approached the edge of the rocks that framed the large body of water. he couldn't see the land on the other side. this area of gusu was known to be shrouded in mist.

       he'd imagined it in his head before. was this the path his uncle took too, before launching himself into the freezing water?

       jin ling didn't like it- following in that cut-sleeve's footsteps. but what choice did he have? it was best to go this way. to sleep eternally in this icy lake in gusu. where it was quiet.

        the boy's minded flitted to his parents. he hadn't known them, but he imagined they were at the bottom of the lake, waiting for him. he supposed his uncle was there too, but he ignored that thought.

       now that he was there it seemed so much more real. losing his life to the water. a peaceful way to go, and as far as jin ling knew, quick and painless. he thought he was prepared to at last escape the void in his heart, the suffocating demands of his uncle, and those who saw him as a liability.

        he'd miss his uncle, though. and his faithful fairy. He'd probably miss that dog the most. he'd also miss night hunts. and drinking tea at lotus pier.

        jin ling would miss hearing stories about his parents and how heroic they had been. he'd miss practicing his archery, skipping stones, spicy food. the colour yellow, the family crest, the red ribbon he wore in his hair. the smell of lotus root and rib soup, a dish his uncle attempted at preparing.

        jin ling would miss it all. however, he, of course, wasn't thinking about what he liked about life. it was the emptiness that overwhelmed him. the sadness and loneliness.

       without giving it anymore thought...

       he jumped.

this was a really short chapter! the others will be longer, i just dislike long prologues...
let me know what you thought of this.
thanks for reading :>
<3