{10} Murderer on the loose

Start from the beginning

Clapping his hands once to catch all our attention, he walked over to the front and was about to say something when one of the students in the crowd shouted.

"Will this keep repeating!? I thought the authorities have already found the murderers!"

"Are we all in danger sir? Please, I'm too young to die!"

"What are the detectives thinking!? They need to get into this immediately!"

"Everyone, I assure you, as long as you follow the rules that I had set whenever a situation like this happens, you'll be safe and alright!" He responded but the students didn't seem to be convinced.

"When there's a murderer on loose, no one is safe! This murderer has been in this school for at least three years already! Three years! Can you imagine? And deaths are happening way too much!" Someone pointed out.

"And even worse, nobody knows who the person is! And is rumoured that is more than one person! If there's like ten murderers on the loose, we're all dead!" Someone chimed in dramatically.

"Please stay calm! Only one death had occurred this year which was today!" He articulated. "And I don't want to promise but all of you will be safe, just listen to what I'm going to suggest,"

Stopping for a breath, he announced.

"Detectives and investigators had decided that the murderer's main target are girls. So, for more girls to be safe, we decided to replace all the girl's roommates with boys."

Wait, what!?

The news hit me so hard that I nearly fainted. To those girls who screeched in delight, I would like to ask why. To those girls who groaned in regret, I would relate.

"I know this may sound a little too much but we have to take it to the next level. Don't worry though, you'll be paired up with your classmate so you won't be awkward around someone you don't know."

Yeah, like that helps.

"Your homegroup teacher will be pairing you guys and the rooms that you'll be put in are connected with another room so you will also have neighbours so there's nothing to worry about!" He reassured us.

"Please try to have a good night's sleep. Tomorrow, the school will start at 1 in the afternoon and ends at 5 so you guys will have enough sleep. Don't think too much. Now, your teachers will start pairing you guys with your new roommates, and your neighbours too of course," He added, giving us a tiny nod before the teachers came and Yerim dragged me towards a teacher, with dyed blonde hair and seems like in her mid-40s.

She was wearing these glasses where people were in the 80s and was checking the roll while looking at each one of us.

"Hm, seems like not everyone is here and off to their beds instead." She murmured to herself in a throaty voice.

"But oh well, they'll be moving tomorrow then. Let's just get started with the people that are here,"

Scanning the small group, her eyes trailed over to me and I bit my lip anxiously as she raised an eyebrow and stared at me quizzically.

"Are you new?" She asked and I nodded.

"My name is Lee Y/N. Hi." I introduced.

"Hmm, Lee Y/N... let's see..." She mumbled, looking at the clipboard and then looked back up at me. "Seems like you're not place in the role yet but that's fine. Welcome to Anh-jeon university!" She greeted enthusiastically and I nodded with a small smile, giving her a polite bow.

I thought she would mention something about the situation that just happened, but no, she decided to do go straight on what she was told to do.

"Since you're new, I'll put you with Jungkook." She said as she wrote something into the clipboard.

The words hit me like a bullet and my mouth opens wide at the news.

"Why!?" I demanded.

"Because he's responsible and caring and lovely. He's also the principal's son after all. And you're new which means you need a lot of help learning things about this school." She answered as she started to move on, leaving me gaping at her.

Responsible!? Caring!? Lovely!? What!?

That's a big fat lie. This teacher must be one of his fans.

"Be grateful that he's your roommate," Someone spat from behind and I turned around.

In a blue fairy costume, Chunseo's arms were crossed and she was glaring at me, her face as red as a tomato.

"Every girl wants him to be their roommate. And I mean every. You're just new and lucky, that's why you're paired up with my Kookie. If you weren't new, I bet he would be paired up with me." She declared. "Chunkook is real after all." She bragged and I frowned.

"Excuse me? But did you just say I'm lucky because I got paired up with Jungkook?" I questioned and she rolled her eyes like I just asked what is 1 + 1.

"Duh." She said and I blinked.

"I don't think so though," I replied. "The only time I think I was super lucky is when I won a huge duck plushie just by answering one super easy question," I admitted, super proud for some reason but she grimaced in disgust.

"Ew, ducks? Who likes ducks?" She mocked and I frowned in anger.

"What do you mean!? Ducks are cute!" I screeched and she scoffed.

"You're such a little kid. Grow up." She gibed as she sashayed away to her slaves.

Tch, such a diva.

Someone poked me on my shoulder and I turned back around, surprise to see Jungkook who was not wearing the bunny costume anymore but everything in black.

"Oi, Y/N, let's go." He quickly stated, walking towards the door and my forehead creased into a frown.

"Why?" I asked.

Scoffing, he looked over my shoulder.

"Did you already forget? We're assigned as roommates."

"You can go, I'm waiting for Yerim."

Scoffing in annoyance once again, Jungkook quickly walked towards me and grabbed my wrist, pulling me swiftly out the door.

"Hey-"

"Look, if you want to stay, I have to stay with you too." He interrupted, stopping mid-way and I raised an eyebrow.

"Why?" I questioned.

"Because you're my responsibility. If anything happens to you, your parents are going to sue me, and you're new, naive, and young..." He mumbled and I frowned.

How the hell can he once again, be really sweet!? And he's mean and arrogant too? How!? I don't see is possible at all!

"Fine, but don't touch me," I answered, snatching my hand away from his grip as I started walking away.

"Hey! Do you even know where our new room is!?" He called out and I sighed.

Another long day is awaited once again... No, let me fix that. A long-ass year I should say.

A long-ass year is awaited once again... 

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

Thank you for reading :)

~Xin