{58} Fourth enemy detected

11:22am

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

Is it just me, or do I find it super annoying that I always crash with killers? What is this misfortune I bring? Where did I go so wrong to deserve this? Sure, it may be a good thing as I'm saving more civilians from getting killed but if this keeps going on, I might get myself kill too.

Nari, who was the fourth murderer caught, is currently in handcuffs and getting hold down by Samuel while the nice authority, Michael was asking us several questions, interviewing us. Once he was done, he stood next to Samuel by the door while we start the interrogation with Nari.

This time, Jungkook was leading so he sat on the Lawson chair, across Nari who had her head down, her hair covering her face to hide her emotions. Putting a leg over his other one, Jungkook intertwines his fingers, asserting his dominance over Nari.

Grabbing a white folder, he flipped it open and it displayed many files in several different colours. He turned over to the last few of the files, which were pale blue like the sky.

"Gim Nari, who turned 19 during May and had been in this school since October the 1st..." He continued reading through her identification passport as though it wasn't meant to be kept confidential. "Is disappointing how you became part of them despite being the second newest kid in this school." He expresses his disapproval as he closes the file and shoves it onto the table behind him. "May I ask why you decided to do this?"

"Because I can," Nari said, looking up and beaming proudly at him as though she said something worth applause.

Raising an eyebrow, Jungkook sighed heavily in an unsatisfied way, facepalming. "Nari, that isn't the answer I want- can you be more specific and sensible?" Jungkook asked.

"Personally, it pleasures me to see this school go down to pieces and since the principal is trash, it gives me the motivation and mood to bring this school down. We need a new principal, not this lousy one which doesn't even know how to track down students that are probably two times younger."

What grudges does she hold against the principal? Why is she so mean? Wait... I can't talk much because I'm the same- but I have my reasons and Nari's just hating on him because of how he can't handle the school burdens. But the truth is, I don't think anyone can...

I pass a glance towards the principal, noticing that guilt was written all over his face.

Nari was taken into the office for interrogation just like previous members and after the interrogation, Nari was sent to the prison others were in. He glanced uncomfortably over at Jungkook, feeling that it was his fault.

Bruh... okay, I feel bad... I mean who wouldn't?

"Is not entirely the principal's fault," I spoke up, willing to protect him because he was still my father, even though he has done many sh*t that hurt me and my mother. "Do you honestly think the principal wanted this? He didn't..."

Nari started laughing hysterically, as though she find it funny and I tilt my head. "Of course, no one wanted this. You don't get my point Y/N, stay out of it."

Ayo, nah I ain't going to let her tell me what to do. This kid thinks she's better than everyone, the arrogance-

"Don't tell her what to do," Jungkook said, rolling his eyes at her. "You're meant to be talking to me- not to anyone else."

"Oh? So she can add sh*t while I can't talk to her?" Nari pulled one's brows together in a frown, telling him it was unfair.

"Yeah, because I say so," Jungkook said, raising a finger joyfully only for a few short seconds. Nari scoffed in contempt, looking away in annoyance. "You know, I feel incredibly sorry for your parents. They work hard to grow you up into a healthy young lady and probably spent lots of sh*t on you but in the end, you only leave them disappointed."

"Why are you assuming?" Nari demanded, arching an eyebrow. "I'm adopted, I don't care about those people who-"

"No wonder... you've grown up very wrongly and a bit f*cked in the head..." He laughs dryly, giving me the creeps as I could imagine him looking like a killer bunny. You know those ones where you see in Minecraft.... those evil red eyes.

Brrrr... give me those damn shivers. Agh.

"Anyways, I don't have anything else to say to you." He pointed a finger over to Samuel, and then back towards her. "Please escort her to the jail where the others are. I'm sure she's looking forward to meeting the others."

Samuel gave a polite bow towards Jungkook, agreeing to his orders, and walk over to Nari. He grabs both of her arms and forces her to stand up. Nari clenches her jaw, passing Jungkook an icy stare before she was dragged outside the room in a rush. Michael quickly gave us a bow, showing us respect and thanking us. He left the room, with the principal trailing behind him, muttering something relating to checking on the other ex-students who were in jail.

Once the door closes behind him, the room falls into dead silence and I roll my shoulders back to stretch them.

Man, interrogating killers sure feels arduous like I've run for a few kilometres... welp, now is my cue to leave the room, so sayonara~

Walking towards the door wordlessly, I couldn't bother saying anything to Jungkook or congratulating him for catching another murderer on the loose. I'm sure he knows he did an amazing job, I mean, he's arrogant after all. Grabbing onto the golden handle, I was about to push it down when Jungkook stopped me with his soft voice.

"Y/N? Can we talk?" He asked in a low voice, clearing his throat. "One day without you is already enough for me, so please... listen to what I have to say." 

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

Thank you for reading!

~Xin