Chapter Eight: Quitting Your Job

!MAY CONTAIN SOME TRIGGERING THEMES!! CONTAINS STRONG LANGUAGE!!!(it is censored)

Guide:

(Y/n)=(Your/name)

(F/n)=(Friend/name)

(f/c)=(favorite/color)

2nd Person P.O.V.

You are finally free. You had finally gotten a full eight hours of sleep. You had no worries.

As soon as you got up at 2 p.m., you grabbed your phone and called your boss.

"Yeah, what do you want, kid?" You hear your boss's voice on the phone.

"Sir, I want to quit being the night guard," You say confidently.

Boss chuckles deeply. "Knew you would, no problem. Well, you are no longer the night guard. You can keep the uniform. And you got your paycheck already. So, bye kid."

"Bye sir!" You exclaim before hanging up. You jump around your room in celebration. You may or may not have stubbed your toe hitting the wall, but you are still happy.

No more going back to that literal h*ll.

You walk out of your room with the biggest, goofiest smile on your face, causing (F/n) to raise an eyebrow at your cheerful expression.

"I haven't seen you this happy in a while, what happened??" (F/n) exclaims, running over to you with a curious tone in their voice.

"I quit my job!!!" You exclaim happily.

"You quit? After one week? Was it that bad?" (F/n) asks you as they tilt their head slightly.

"Yes, it was worse than bad," You groan, remembering the pizzeria, "It was so bad that I wanted to jump off a cliff."

(F/n) laughs and walks back into the kitchen, grabbing the fork off of the table and using it to take a bite out of their mac n' cheese.

"Oh! Guess who's back in town?" (F/n) says after they swallow the bite of their food.

"Uh, I don't know. Who?" You reply, sitting down at the table in the kitchen, looking at (F/n) as you await an answer.

"Mike! Mike Schmidt! Remember him from freshman year in high school? Then he moved away in junior year! He's back in town!" (F/n) practically yells.

You think for a moment. Mike Schmidt? The kid you were friends with? That one kid that had an obsession with Pokemon?

"The one that obsessed over Pokemon?" You ask.

"Yes! That one!"(F/n) squeals, "He used to be one of my friends!!"

"(F/n)...We were all friends," You laugh.

"Oh, yeah...I remember now," (F/n) takes the final bite of their mac n' cheese then goes to wash the dishes.

You feel your own stomach growl and get up to look around the kitchen. You look at the counter and see cookies. Perfect.

You grab the cookies and open the fridge. Milk. Milk..There it is.

You grab the carton of milk and set everything on the table. Milk and cookies, a nutritional breakfast.

"(Y/n)! Naughty, naughty girl! That's not a very healthy breakfast~" (F/n) pokes your side and you giggle.

"I eat what I want, when I want. Even if it isn't healthy," You say, pouring milk in a glass then returning the milk to the fridge. (F/n) laughs.