- 7 8 - COMFORTABLE

Start from the beginning

"Come in," the eerie voice drawled.

Lorelei walked in and gave the Potion's master a smile. He just stared at her, an odd look in his eye.

"What days do you have Defense?" he asked, not wasting any time with his bluntness.

"Monday, Wednesday, and Friday," she whispered back.

"Right. You'll have a free period during Moody's lesson. After your final lesson, which is--"

"Potions," Lorelei said causing Snape to smirk.

"Right. You missed today, so I wouldn't know."

"Sorry, Professor. I--"

"I know what happened, Miss Calypso. Miss Johnson took your notes. Right...you'll just stay here after Potions for an hour lesson before dinner," he drawled flicking his wand to clear off desks. He glanced over at Lorelei. "Will this work for you?"

"Of course."

"Curfew is drawing near. Long walk to Gryffindor Tower," he mused, motioning toward the door. Lorelei nodded and turned, but he called her back. "We are brewing a potion tomorrow, so write the notes."

"Will do. Good night, Professor," she tried, but he only hummed in response.

When she made it back to the Common Room, it was empty besides her friends. They all looked up with grim expressions.

"Well? What'd Dumbledore want?" Ron questioned first. Brizo jumped out of Lorelei's hands to sit on Harry's lap. Harry smiled at the crab as he petted him lightly.

Lorelei sighed sitting next to Angelina. "No more classes with Moody."

"Really?" Lee questioned.

Lorelei nodded. Hermione furrowed her eyebrows. "Well, you have to take Defense? Aren't you?"

"I'm still taking it," she reassured the bushy-haired girl.

"With who?" Fred questioned taking the crab from Harry. He grinned at the crab while placing him on his shoulder.

"Snape."

There was an uproar of disbelief and anger at the choice. None of the Gryffindors quite enjoyed the Potion's professor.

George growled out, "What's Dumbledore playing at? Snape teaching Defense?"

"Well, I'd much rather him than Moody," Lorelei spat back. Rubbing her temples, she sighed out loud and shut her eyes. Everyone calmed down with their protests. "I can't go through that again."

Angelina put a hand on Lorelei's shoulder. "It was bloody awful."

"Brizo's fine. Hagrid took good care of him," Lorelei smiled at her friends.

"What'd Pucey want?" Fred said the next question everyone was thinking with distaste evident in his tone.

"He just wanted to know if Brizo and I were okay," Lorelei said with a shrug.

Harry's eyebrows furrowed now. "A Slytherin? He's got to have some ulterior motive."

Lorelei sighed but said nothing. Angelina said she was going to bed, and she took Brizo to his aquarium. Lee and the twins weren't too far behind. "Can I borrow your cloak?" she questioned the boy who lived.

"Er...why?"

"To go to the Owelry."

"Oh, yeah. Uh...let me go get it," Harry said quickly and left to his dorm. Hermione and Ron retreated to their dorms leaving the girl alone.

Dear Moony,

Writing you to let you, mother, and Snuffles know I'm all right. Moody tortured Brizo while teaching the Unforgivable Curses. If I didn't step in, I wonder if he would've killed him after using the other two... I think it was a warning. He enjoyed seeing me scream for him to stop.

Dumbledore took me out of Moody's lessons. I now have special Defense lessons with Severus Snape; tell Snuffles to keep his comments to himself.

You have no idea how much I miss you as my teacher.

This year seems like the beginning of something terrible, Moony. I can't wait to come back home.

Let Mum and Snuffles know I'm fine, please.

Love, Lorelei

Harry trotted down the stairs with his cloak in hand. He decided to go with her to the Owelry in fear of her being alone, and he watched as she used Hedwig with his permission. She liked his owl, he noticed. When she would come to the Owelry, she would always bring a treat for Hedwig.

Leaning on his shoulder as they watched Hedwig fly away, she smiled wryly. "Does Hogwarts feel like Hogwarts to you anymore?"

"I'm not sure, Lor."

"I've been here for six years. I feel odd this year... as if something will happen," she mumbled. Harry leaned his head on hers.

"I'm sorry to hear that. I wish I could ease those thoughts away from your mind," he said truthfully. Harry had felt odd this year, too, but he didn't want to worry the witch who already had too much on her plate.

"Yes, well. It's only the first day. I suppose it can't get worse than this," she said with a laugh.

He laughed as well, but they both knew it could.

It would.

-
A/N

Okay, so _mavericks voting on every chapter and commenting is the reason I uploaded twice today, hehe. Comments make my day! Thank you for reading :-)