Chapter 11 - Hints

Start from the beginning

"-that's what father told me, and I have to say, I agree."

Heath was proud to say that his imitation of a Grabbe-like grunt was quite spot on.

"What is with you two?" Malfoy snapped, "Why aren't you saying anything?"

While the blond scowled at them from his seat, the two Gryffindors shared a panicked look. As far as Heath knew, the Grabbe duo didn't really talk.

"Uh..." Ron said, "Cupcake."

Heath was preparing to make a run for it when Malfoy's eyes flashed with a strange emotion. To Heath's surprise –now he's thinking that he had hallucinated the whole thing-, the blond boy's expression quickly shifted into its usual sneer and the boy scoffed, "Figures. Seriously, I spend more time with Daphne and you two end up like this." the boy waved carelessly at the two polyjuiced Gryffindors.

Heath didn't know whether to be offended by Malfoy's words or shocked by the sheer lack of malice in it. It almost seems as if the Slytherin wasn't actually insulting them... or Grabbe.

"How's your dog, Crabbe?"

Heath and Ron shared a panicked look. Heath mentally cursed himself for not bothering to check whose face he was currently wearing.

Ah, screw it.

"Fine."

Heath was relieved when Ron had the same idea as him and the two had answered Malfoy's question at the same time. Grabbe unites once again.

Malfoy's silver eyes sharpened. Before Heath could start panicking again, the platinum blond boy had looked away disinterestedly.

"Draco."

Heath looked up when he heard someone call out to Malfoy. It was rather strange hearing someone refer to the blond using his first name rather than his last.

"Daphne, yes?" Malfoy answered.

For the tenth time within the past ten minutes, Heath almost experienced a heart attack –this time from shock, not panic-. Beside him, he could hear Ron muffling a choking sound.

Malfoy, the devil's spawn, had actually smiled. Bloody hell.

Daphne Greengrass approached the trio sitting together. She shot the two polyjuiced boys a strange look before turning to Malfoy, "Draco, you're late."

Malfoy glanced at the large clock directly across the fireplace in the common room, "My apologies Daphne, let's go."

Giving Heath and Ron each curt nod, Malfoy rose, offered the blond girl his arm and the two left, heading towards one of the three corridors leading to the dormitories.

Heath blinked, "Did he just..."
"... Yeah, mate. He just apologized to her. Bloody hell." Ron said, equally as dazed.

Before the two boys could dwell more on that unsettling event, they were startled by a girl wearing a prefect badge.

"Gregory and Vincent right?"

Heath recognized her, more from her kind voice than from her pretty aristocratic face.

"Follow me, boys." Annabelle Rosier said as she made a beeline for the entrance of the Slytherin Common Room.

Heath and Ron shared a frantic look, but they could do nothing but follow the older girl. Already, other Slytherins were staring at the two with curiosity. Heath wondered why, was it unusual for upper years and lower years to interact in Slytherin?

Before stepping out of the snake's pit, Heath glanced back and met silver. Draco Malfoy's eyes were thoughtful as they flickered between Rosier and Heath.