Prologue

"C'mon Harry, be careful okay?" James Potter said softly as he lifted his two, almost three, year old son up.

Hadrian James Potter-Black peered down at the small bundle resting peacefully in his mother's arms. For the past few hours he had been wondering where his mother had gone. Now he knew: she had gone out to get him this new toy!

The toddler's vibrant emerald green eyes moved up and clashed with an identical pair of eyes. His reached for the toy, "Toy! My toy?"

Lily Potter née Evans laughed and her tired face lit up, "No, no darling, this is your new brother, not a toy."

Hadrian frowned in thought as he stared at the bundle, "Bwo-bro-"

"Bro-ther. Brother." James pronounced clearly.

"Bro-tar. Bro-ther. Brother?"

Both of his parents beamed at him and Hadrian gave them a toothy grin, "Brother!" He said again as he lifted a chubby hand towards this brother thing.

"Careful Harry." Lily said as she allowed Hadrian to gently poke the baby wrapped in the bundle of blankets.

Hadrian reared back in shock when the baby stirred in his sleep.

James and Lily Potter chuckled at Hadrian's startled expression, "Everything's okay Harry, Heath's just sleeping." Lily said placidly.

"Heath! I like that!" A loud voice sounded from the door leading into the private hospital room.

"Sirius!" James greeted as a handsome man bounded into the room.

"Siri!" Hadrian yelled as his attention was immediately drawn to his godfather.

"Hello Prongslet!" Sirius Black exclaimed as he picked Hadrian up and spun him around causing the toddler to shriek with delight.

"Sirius!" Remus Lupin scolded as he entered the hospital room followed closely by the fourth and final member of the prankster group known as the Marauders, "You'll wake the baby."

"Too late." Peter Pettigrew squeaked as his eyes darted towards the now loudly wailing newborn in Lily's arms.

"Shhh... baby. Hush now. Mummy's here." Lily cooed as she calmed the baby down.

"Right, right. Sorry." Sirius whispered loudly. He flinched when Lily finally tore her loving gaze away from her newborn son and instead glared at him venomously.

"Let's go out. We should give Lils and the baby some time to rest." James said as dropped a kiss on his wife's head before leading his friends and eldest son out of the room.

Once outside, James collapsed into the nearest chair and heaved a sigh of relief.

"You okay James?" Remus asked as he sat down next to him, the rest of them also settled down. Even little Hadrian was quiet and wide-eyed as he watched his father.

"Fine. Fine." The hazel eyed man said as he ruffled his hair tiredly.

"So Heath?" Peter asked.

James grinned, "Yup. Heath Remus Potter. Heath for following Lily's family's tradition of having flower names... well I wasn't about to name my son Rose, that's just too cruel. Potter for the family, obviously. And... Remus. For his godfather." James turned and locked eyes with the werewolf and felt a small smile tug at his lips when Remus' eyes widened in shock.

"J-James?"

"Lily and I want you to be godfather." James announced, "You know, since Sirius is Harry's," He motioned to the toddler sitting on said man's lap, "and so it's only fair that you get to be Heath's. We figured that our third kid will have Peter as godfather." James added as he shot the short pudgy man a quick smile.