Chapter 1 - Childhood

February 23rd 1982

"Mum?" Hadrian called out tentatively as he entered the kitchen.

"Harry, darling!" Lily Potter smiled as she bent down to give her eldest son a kiss on his smooth raven haired head.

"Mum. Can we go to the park?"

The four, almost five, year old felt his heart drop when the beautiful red headed woman shook her head.

"No, I'm sorry Harry. But I have to stay and make sure Heath is safe."

"But Heath's sleeping!" Hadrian pointed out.

"Darling, you know how it is." Lily said gently.

The little boy slumped in disappointment, "Okay."

"Aw, darling. Don't be upset. Here, how about a biscuit? Just don't let anyone know that I gave you one before dinner okay?"

Hadrian lit up at the prospect of getting a biscuit, "Okay. I promise!"

Lily smiled as she handed the boy a freshly baked biscuit, "Okay, now go and play on your own. Careful not to wake your brother up okay?"

Hadrian nodded happily as he ran off with the biscuit in his small hands.

August 1st 1982

Hadrian woke up with a bright smile on his face. He scrambled out of his bed and out of his suite located in one of the three towers that Potter Hall boasts.

He skidded to a halt in front of the kitchen door and peeked in.

A parade of house elves were whipping up food but his mother was nowhere in sight.

"Harry! There you are Prongslet!"

Hadrian giggled when he was suddenly lifted up into the air and spun around. When he was finally set down, he stumbled around dizzily.

"Hi Dad." The newly turned five year old said as he stared up into a pair of warm hazel eyes.

"C'mon Harry. We're having breakfast out in the gardens." James announced as he effortlessly scooped his son and heir up into his arms.

"Hey! I can walk on my own!"

"Nope." James said popping the 'p', "What sort of father would I be if I allowed the birthday boy to do something as tedious as walking?"

Hadrian giggled, "Tedy-us."

James grinned, "Tee-di-us. Tedious"

"Teddy-us. Teedi-us. Tedi- tedious?"

"That's right Prongslet. Tedious." James said, "It means tiresome and dull."

"So Siri's jokes are tedious to listen to?"

James burst out laughing, "Exactly like that Harry!"

Hadrian beamed happily as his father carried him into the garden where he spotted his mother and godfather already there waiting for them. Hadrian's beam brightened even more when he discovered that his brother was nowhere in sight.

July 31st 1983

"Happy birthday dear Heath, Happy birthday to Heath." The song ended with cheers and a wolf-whistle from Sirius.

Hadrian's cheeks hurt from smiling so much, but he continued to do so and clapped as he watched his brother messily blow out the three birthday candles on his cake.

"Now what?" Frank Longbottom asked the small gathering of people celebrating Heath Potter's third birthday.

"What do you want next baby?" Lily asked as she coddled her youngest son.